-
Jenna Terese started the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi, all! I know I kinda recently created a new topic asking y’all the cliches of sci-fi, but this topic is a little different. I’m thinking of writing a dystopian novel. I know this genre can be pretty heavy on the cliches, so my questions is ‘what are the cliches of this genre?’
I know the whole oppressive government thing is kinda cliche, and I…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Since I’ll be self-publishing a short novella I wrote over the summer of 2017, I plan on getting an author website/blog up in the spring. I’ve done tons of research, but nothing is like advice directly from people I know who actually have a blog. What were some things that were unexpected? Challenges? Time commitment? And I’d love to know if you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I love reading a Scottish accent! 🙂
You said your sequel will be based on A Tale of Two Cities? Doesn’t everyone die in the end of that one, too?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 @jane-maree, do you have a picture?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice You mentioned Scriptures explaining both sides of the question. My favorite verse dealing with the subject is something I read when I was reading about the Scottish Covenanters. (Have you heard of them? They were amazing!) Someone asked a Covenanter how he could line up violence with Scripture, and he used the verse in Romans 12…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I actually agree with basically everything you said. I know your book is based on the French Revolution/Rebellion and I agree that as such they should not have succeeded in what they were doing. Apparently I didn’t make that part of my review very clear. 🙂 What I was trying to say was that I would have liked a little more ex…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec LOL @jane-maree Also kissed a frog, I think
8<
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal. This topic has become surprisingly gruesome… except for the lovely froggie kiss. Please note my lips aren’t actually touching his. I wouldn’t put my lips on something I wouldn’t touch with my fingers. He’d been living in formaldehyde solution for a long time!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
He didn’t turn into a prince. This didn’t make sense till I later found out ‘he’ was a female.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
The fish’s brain!!!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
“Disturbingly fascinating”. That’s a great way to describe it! I dissected a frog yesterday…
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks, @gabbyj. It’s great! 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec That is disturbingly fascinating. I don’t know why Gollum would want to eat those things raw…. *shudders*
*cough* *whispers* Our only wish, to catch a fish, so good to eeeeeaaaat….
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel If you or anyone else care to read the actual proposal scene and the aftermath – here it is.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel There! I told you it would be long. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Okaaay. Fine. 🙂
Well, Patty is touring Europe with her parents and they let her stay with a friend she made called Lady Catherine something-or-other. She has a real title. She is something like thirty, a widow. Patty is seventeen, and hasn’t made her debut yet, so she is considered a little girl. However, when her parents send…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, can you just tell me? I’m too impatient to read the whole thing XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I don’t want to tell you the story if there’s a chance you’ll read the books because I hate spoilers. 🙂
- Load More
