-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy And now it’s working. Weird. But I’ll still take that chocolate.
Oh yeah. I would love it if someone said something — not “What’s your book about?” — to “Here’s my email so you can send me the book.” XD But of course…I’d rather not give my email to random strangers.
No thanks.
Yeah. Definitely need more practice. “Hi, mirror.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 XD Sorry. I haven’t been on in a while… My brain must be losing its automatic tags.
*takes the best of luck and leaves the melted chairs for everyone else*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Welcome to KP! 😀
@sam-kowal ‘s right. But worry not, I’ve tried to instigate a rebellion myself. XD Even though I’m the one who made @daeus king.
Anyway, randomness aside; I’m Dragon Snapper. Most people here just call me Snapper though, cause why would you have to write down Dragon Snapper EVERY SINGLE TIME. XD
Glad to see another…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, sorry about that ‘k’. It was the only thing I could type in before the strange link sent me to @kate-flournoy‘s website. XD
Anyway…
This is a hilarious topic, because yeah, people do kind of look at you strange when you say you’re a writer. “Ah…”
And they ask what your book is about. But the book your writing is a sequel, so you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
k
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa XD Now I have a combination of “Shiny” “Rumor Weed” “Cheeseburger” “The Pirates who don’t do anything” and “Hairbrush” stuck in my head.
Not cool.
😉 JK
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-Snapper It’s your punishment for getting that Moana Shiny song stuck in everyone’s head (except mine because I haven’t seen it 😋).
@dekreel Aw, that song isn’t as bad as all that, especially compared to “Oh My Precious Cheeseburger,” “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything,” or “Oh Where, Oh Where is My Hairbrush.” You’re welcome for ge…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys!
So, I’m just going to say it…. writing’s been hard lately. I just started another novel–10,000 words through– but as I write, I really have to force myself to keep going. I try to write well, of course, but I feel almost disconnected from my book. I can write as fast as I used to if I force myself to, if I really really try, but I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa AAAAA DON’T GET THE RUMOR WEED SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD! AAAARRRGH

@daughteroftheking 😀 I like it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Sounds awesome! Is it set in today’s times?
I would love to read it! 😀
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I really haven’t had people say anything particularly humorous or weird about me being a writer…most of the time they’re just like, “how you going to eat? Or pay the bills?” 😅
I have wrote some funny things though. Like I wrote “he was carrying five sacks of grocery bags” when I meant to write “he was carrying five sacks of groc…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing Well, that’s a difficult question…some of the dinosaurs are trainable whereas others…er…not so much. 😉🦖
@daughteroftheking It’s kinda funny, when you wrote “talking plants” all I could think of was that Veggie Tale episode with the talking weed. 😅
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like that kind of moss too, but I’m talking about Spanish Moss, which is totally different, and even more cool. It’s a kind of moss that grows on the branches of trees and hangs down beautifully and mysteriously.


-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Cool! I love moss too. ‘nature’s carpet’ I call it. 😜I took a picture once of a tree that had a lot of roots exposed (’cause that’s the kind of tree it was) ’cause it looked like something from a fantasy novel.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This sounds like my kind of book! I love horses and westerns!!! I agree with SeekJustice (and I’ve read a lot of horse books), but I think it could be interesting. 😉👍
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Finally finished that post. It was really hard, because I’ve never written a synopsis for this particular book before, and I don’t usually figure out the entire plot before I write, but just a general idea. But anyway, it’s there, so if you’d like to see about it, go ahead. 🙂
(I do actually have more plans than what I wrote in th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This doesn’t have a name yet, but it is supposed to be a contemporary novel set in the American West with a plot similar to the old Westerns. This is not a book blurb, just an explanation of what it’s about.
Chara (Sh-ah-ra) Doran visits her uncle and aunt in Nevada. She is a five-foot-tall nineteen-year-old who is self-conscious about her s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi, thanks for your comments. (I’m assuming it was you.)
I’m planning on editing and finishing the story hopefully in a few days or a week, and then I’ll post the completed version here – I guess for more critique. 🙂
So thanks everyone, and I’ll talk to you about the story in another little while.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have only recently been introduced to character charts, and have only ever done one…but it was fun – and a lot of work. 🙂
I am about to be done now, but I think I’ll post my Contemporary Western in Novel Critiques first. (Can’t stay up too late tonight, because tomorrow’s Sunday.)
- Load More

