-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I’ve actually had the same problem before. I get really attached to my babies….
Anyway, is she not able to save any parts of the story at all? Maybe brainstorm some more to make it where she’ll like it? If not, then I think putting them in another story should be okay, though I think it should probably be in the same genre as they were…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I love all of your quotes!❤👍
@mariposa I like Charles Spurgeon too. Have you read his morning and evening devotional book?
-
Jenna Terese started the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think this is the right place to ask this question, because it’s really for KP staff (maybe I should’ve sent an email?), but here goes anyway.
I was trying to access KP from my tablet, but unlike my laptop, it doesn’t remember my log in info because I never had it do that before. I had my password written on a piece of paper and I typed…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Wow, Rochellaine covered it pretty well, lol.
Some babies might be deep sleepers, but they frequently wake up in the middle of the night and cry for attention (I have two younger siblings), so I don’t know if saying the baby was a deep sleeper is enough (it’s also been a while since my siblings were babies). I like the idea of a false…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @whoever
Bonus points and my undying respect to those of you who can guess these:
Two characters on the telephone:
Character 1: “I’ll be there in an AAAAAAAAAA…!”
Character 2: “In an ‘hour?’ I can’t wait an hour!”
Second quote:
“Dynamic deduction!”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing This will sound like a totally ridiculous question unless you are the person I’m thinking of…
Something you said here about a book you are writing made me want to ask: When you were about twelve years old did you write a book about a detective animal – I think a rabbit?
And illustrate it yourself?
Have you ever been to the HEAV…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ohh, no…… X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Tell me about the characters! I love hearing about them. What kind of world do they live in? What are their personalities like? How old are they? That way I can give you a story idea based on the characters and the world they live in 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Thanks for commenting! You make some very good points.
Giving Chara a bad experience at home so that she flees to her aunt and uncle’s house to mature and then go back to face the problems at home is a reasonable idea, and I’ve read several books with that premise. My problem with it is if something like that happened to me, I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@christi-eaton I’m afraid I can’t recommend any since I’ve never listened to audiobooks. 🙈 Being an introvert, I retain things better by reading rather than by listening. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 No idea. 🙂 Good quote, though.
@ingridrd Oh, I LOVE the Julie Wright quote! Most people think this is weird, but my form of optimism is often not “Things could be worse,” but “Now that I’ve experienced this horrible thing, I can write about it more correctly.” 😀
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Maybe instead of using all the characters, she could just take her two favorites and incorporate them in a new story. Or she could create a new story with different characters but have the characters be similar to the ones in her abandoned story. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy I think time loops are really cool, though they do kind of give me a headache. 🙂 I don’t really have anything to add, but I’m wondering where you got the idea?
There’s a hilarious episode of Stargate SG-1 that deals with time loops and their quirks called Window of Opportunity. If you’re writing about time loops you might enjoy it, and…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 Love the quotes! ❤️ 🙂 Here are some Charles Spurgeon ones I like (they aren’t exactly writing related, but they could be applied to writing):
“Rome was not built in a day, nor much else, unless it be a dog kennel.”
“He is not the best student who reads the most books, but he who meditates the most upon them.”…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @dekreel @catwing *whistling triple dent gum* Anger yells “No!” and pounds the control panel. Mind workers solemnly resolve never to forget these songs and decide to throw the memory of algebra into the memory dump.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Maybe she could feature them as a minor character(s) in one of her other story ideas? Then she could make someone else apart from the MC be genuinely thought-out and help bring the story to life.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
“But I’m not a genius. Most writers aren’t. The only qualities that make writers great are their passion and method of advancing their skills.”
I read this quote soon after first discovering Kingdom Pen, and it stayed with me. Can anybody guess who this is?? 🙂 🙂
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome to the forum! If you’d like to introduce yourself, head on over to the ‘Start Here’ page. So glad you’ve joined us! I hope you really love it here. 🙂
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d That’s interesting. I’m a very character-oriented person, so usually characters are the first thing I come up with, and then I make up a story based on who they are and what they need to learn. She could use them in a short story or another small project to get a feel for what kind of story fits with them.
-
Emily D started the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @dekreel @emily @perfectfifths @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @mariposa @rolena-hatfield @liv-giordano @claire-c @gabrielle @seekjustice @anyone-else
Hi girls!!! So sorry to you all, I haven’t been ignoring, I just haven’t been on here lately…
I have a favour to ask of you all. My good friend has a problem: she has some characters s…[Read more]
- Load More
