-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Oh my goodness I literally did that just yesterday when I was reading A Time to Die, by Nadine Brandes. When the MC sighed, I sighed. When she grinned, I grinned. I hope no one was watching me, lol.
Lol, I didn’t do that very much, but once in a while when I had a super good book.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Those are great suggestions! I really like the thought that some people might get irritated with her needing them to be with her all the time.
Her aunt and uncle actually don’t live on a ranch. They live in a house in the middle of the city. (Las Vegas). They are medium strong Christians, and very laid-back. They either don’t have chi…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago



-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago

@dekreel @warrenluther04 @perfectfifths @sage-g @mariposa @dragon-snapper
ah, finally getting my drawings posted y’all! So sorry for the delay.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! I have a children’s picture book I’m planning to publish around the end of this month or the beginning of next month. (I am currently working with an illustrator.) But though the story is complete, I didn’t pick a name for the protagonist, and I think it would be a smoother read if he had a name.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 You know you’re a bookworm when you get so engrossed in a book that when a character shrugs, you shrug, and when a character bangs his head, you get a headache.
You know you’re a bookworm if when you were twelve if you were reading your mom had to physically shake you before you could hear her talking. (I trained myself out of that…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I’ll have to check those out. Spurgeon’s morning and evening devotional is so good; my whole family’s been reading it for years and we still get things out of it.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, or a book. My quote is from a popular girls book written about a Canadian island circa 1900…Does that give anyone clues?
@kaya-young That sounds like it came from a movie – but then, I really only watch classic movies, so how would I know? 😀 Is it from Disney?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Welcome! Brett Harris’ young writers community seems like an awesome place!
What are your favorite genres to read? Favorite books? Hobbies?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m so glad you liked it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome! You write realistic fiction?!! That’s wonderful! So do I, almost exclusively, but I’ve rarely met anyone else who does. Fantasy seems to be in style. 🙂
Do you write historical or contemporary? I do a little of both, but mostly contemporary.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Can anyone proof my film sript? Please? in the forum Film 8 years, 8 months ago
And a word about the theme… it’s amazing. Gramps is a cool guy, and you’ve developed both him and Tommy very well, and it carries the story through. Good job on character development + theme! You communicate a lot of spiritual information well, but it’s not cliche or annoyingly preachy.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Howdy, @amily-huddleston! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur 🦖), greet you!
Besides reading and writing, what are your favorite hobbies? Do you like to draw? 🙂
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Can anyone proof my film sript? Please? in the forum Film 8 years, 8 months ago
@ceaseless-prayer I just read through the entire thing and…wow! This is such a thought-out piece of work. It’s amazing that you get to help shoot this whole thing, and act in it as well!
If I have time I may scroll through it and find a few little details that I saw… but I remember that in the first or second page you still had a…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Nope, I haven’t read that one yet. So far I’ve read 4 volumes of his sermons, John Ploughman’s Talk, and Around the Wicket Gate. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese started the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Since there’s a topic ‘you know you’re a writer when….’ I thought it’d be cool to do one for bookworms. ‘Cause we all know most if not all writers are bookworms. So let’s get this rolling!
You know you’re a bookworm when you feel each emotion of the main character.
you know you’re a bookworm when limited shelf space makes you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston WELCOME TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!
Yo. I won the game for once. 😉
Ooh, realistic fiction. Do you have a current WIP?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Ah, just relived all those tearful scenes! *sniffs* Love the poem though. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Ooh, fun! so I just have to say a quote from a movie and y’all have to try and guess what movie it’s from?
- Load More
