-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper “Mii.” Ohh, do I love that word
You know you’re a writer when you almost cry while daydreaming up a dramatic and sad story idea
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice I agree with Emma, and recommend reading LotR first. As the Silmarillion is, basically, a history of Middle-Earth, not really a novel, I think having the other stories first and foremost in your mind would make it a bit easier to digest.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make Miis of your character on your Wii.
You know you’re a writer when you miss your character after a few days of not writing.
You know you’re a writer when you say things mainly because it’s a good line.
You know you’re a writer when basically everything in life goes back to writing applications.
You know…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well you all are geniuses.
I mean really. I’ve been struggling with this stuck-ed-ness for months.
I took a five day break.
SO WHY DIDN’T A TAKE A BREAK SOONER!
I went back to writing today after missing it…for once XD… and wrote 1397 words that I actually like in one sitting.
So yeah. I LOVE WRITING AGAIN AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Wellll, the words “writer” and “Kapeefer” are actually two different things *shrug*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine this was very helpful; i don’t mind the length of the post 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal If Stan ever becomes famous he is more than welcome to post his quotes here. 🙂
Another quote I love, everyone:
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
                      Henry David Thoreau
I think that’s great for…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ve switched between multiple POVs in several of my books and have read many books with multiple POVs. Most books with multiple POVs that I read were not confusing. One book was extremely confusing – in fact so confusing that I only read about two chapters because I had no idea what was going on. 🙂
I believe the reason multiple P…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder okay, I’ll keep that in mind
@supermonkey42 thanks for the link!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice Hey, good idea! Good question too, and I’d actually recommend reading LotR first. The Silmarillion is meant more for someone who’s already quite familiar with Tolkien’s world, I think. The books specifically. It won’t make a ton of difference either way though. You’d appreciate both more after having read the other, so there’s not…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
With my current WIP, I wanted to have three third person POVs. But as I’m continuing to outline and piece the plot together, I’m thinking that it really only needs one main POV. I really love first person, so that was what I was gonna do. But there is another character that I wanted to be a POV character. My question is: would it seem right in a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel pretty much ’cause it stops too many times, it doesn’t keep my attention. I’m not fond of some of the players’ cockiness either.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Yeah, I’m kind of holding up the line here, too. Catch you later!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Well, yeah. I mean, I’m not crazy about it. But I do enjoy watching it
Why don’t you like it?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I think I will!
gotta go now. good luck on editing and stuff. ’twas delightful chatting with you, m’dear 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel okay, cool!
um…..NO! def not my favorite sport. you like football?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Great!
Hmm… I dunno… I think the descriptions and the “sensing and feeling” aspect would have to be slightly different, but I’m no expert. You should make a topic on it! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Okay. A little cheesiness is okay; my family watches a lot of old movies/shows. 🙂
quick question: do you think switching to a third person pov would work in a mainly first person pov story?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Um… well the classic series (1960s-80s) would be fine when there are children watching, if that’s what you mean, but it’s hard to find. The current series (2005-present) is more easily accessible, but it’s also more action packed with a bit more language
I would recommend the classic series more than the current series. It’s so…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I LOVE manga! Go for it!
… Why… don’t you like football?
- Load More
