-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine These poems are hilarious. Thanks for starting this! 😀 😀 😀
I screeched at Stan
Like a mother bear
But all he said was “Well There
Please keep your hair
I put that hole in your blanket
Now I go for a chair”
@sam-kowal @dragon-snapper NO ONE HAS MENTIONED how funny “Now I go for a chair” is. That is most definitely the best par…[Read more]
-
Grace H. started the topic Free verse Poem Advice/Critique in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey everyone,
I wrote a poem today for my writing class, and its free verse, but sort of structured. Here are the first two stanzas:
What can ever substitute
for shushed hysterics in the wee hours of the morning
those conspiratorial smiles across the hallway
and those times when nothing need be said — the silence
only broken by taps and…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel, good work. 🙂 I like the small installments.
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Compilations of some of my favorite screenshots of @aratrea and @the-real-kapeefer


@sierra-r @epicaddie2 @rochellaine @corissa-maiden-of-praise @dragon-snapper @anyone
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
The Gif Hiders
Part Two: The Bird and her Cake
The Kingdom of Pen did grow weirder and weirder for Jenna, but only gradually. After a few days, ever since she had come, she had met some centaurs, a mermaid, another dragon, a tiger, and even a droid. But the weirdness didn’t exactly just rocket into the air until about three weeks after she had f…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Aww! I just said a little prayer for her! God bless her! 🙁
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I enjoyed this a lot 🙂 Good job!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper, uuuuuummmmmmmm.
yeah.
I’m not going to be much help with this, cause I do the same thing.
One of the things I’ve found helpful is, like @daeus said, insert hope. Your characters should be driven by their goals.
Unless your MC is like mine, who is just plain hurting and miserable, and kind of takes it out on everyone else.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart KP videos… Well I really like the How to Write the Worst ….. Ever series, so definitely watch those. They don’t have to be in order (for the record, my two favorites are Allegory and Dystopian. The former is when the word “Kapeefer” got started)
Sooo… Long story short, it doesn’t matter where you start just WATCH THEM ALL!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c So, I guess fantasy-exclusive readers wouldn’t read it, but those who read realistic fiction or biographies probably would.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Actually he said “mid back,” not mid black X)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello, anyone around? I’m outlining/writing! (In the daytime, for once. 😀 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c I would read an autobiography written by someone I’ve never heard of for the same reason I would read a book about a character I’d never heard of. 😀 It would just give it an extra flair for me to realize that the character was real…or semi-real.
Answer: Yes; as long as it was interesting. 🙂 And comical and sarcastic is usually interesting.
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Yeah, it sounds like fun.
Have you read End of the Spear? I love that one. It’s a true story about a family who went to the Amazon (I think) and taught the people there about God. The father and husband of the family was killed by the people, but no one in the world knew why so many people around the world came to look for these…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 Wow! Haha! 😀 The last line is my favorite, too.
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Did you mean to tag me but not say anything?
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal I just realized I only responded to most of your message, my bad.
I think yes. After I read The Reckoners (and somewhat beforehand) I was constantly making some strange connections with things that wouldn’t have otherwise been connected. Like this one time, my friend asked me if I had ideas for what to do next and I said I was as t…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Is this problem arising in the current story you’re working on, or all of them as a whole? Because child, I’m almost finished reading your book, and I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. If anything, I was going to say that you need to focus more on the emotion, not less. Is this a response from beta-reader feedback, or…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Alrighty, guys…
I could use some help on this front. I’ve learned pretty well over the past few months how to show and not tell, but I actually am using that too much.
Don’t get me wrong. Always show over tell, but my problem is that I’m focusing way too much on the emotion. And Ike… Zelaya, they’ve all gone dismal.
How do I refocus my…[Read more]
- Load More
