-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Yay! *lemonade and cheesecake for all*
I definitely prefer “Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance”.
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl I haven’t read all of the answers, so I’m sorry if this has already been said. My advice is that you may want to add more of the characters emotions in there. I used to just go right into the story without much emotion added in, but I know that girls at least, connect with characters nearly immediately whenever there’s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Have you done mine yet?
-
Rochellaine posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g Oh my goodness! *embarrassed* I just realized that when you said “PM” you with the poem you meant “public message.” I am so not used to internet language. I’m so sorry!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Here’s Hannah’s post:
And now I present you: Potato Squash Pudding. (I also present you my shame and the disgrace of all my authoress dignity. 😬😂)
Potatoes and Squash, a farmer’s delight
A field he grew and harvested in plenty
And without a clue to his plight!
Alas, a poor farmer’s wife, what is she to do with all this… -
Snapper replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Thankee. *bows* Well, I tried incorporating small ‘good’ things and it’s been a lot let dismal lately. I think I just let Ike gnaw on dismal’ness’ for too long. XD
@sarah-anson I really like the italicized bit you said there. *nods* I agree. Thanks!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
‘Most comely he smiled’ is better
And little Teedletiden he fashioned for the trees
For all of these a city, Letharill, he made
Its glory was established that it should never fade[ I’m unsure about the meter in these last three lines, especially lines 1 and 3.]Maybe instead: ‘And little Teedletiden he fashioned for trees
For all t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien AHH those are great!
Waaaaait, did you copy mine? XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Can someone please tag me with a topic, too? I haven’t been tagged yet. Just because I started the topic with a sample poem that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be tagged…
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g I read your poem in my email and it’s great! Hilarious story!
But…it’s not showing up here anymore. 🙁 Do you need me to copy it from my email and post it for you, or do you have it saved somewhere else? (I’m pretty sure you have it saved somewhere else, since this is an actual piece of writing rather than a quickly-typed po…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I am usually only around here in the morning and evening…so anyway…
This version is much smoother. In answer to your comments:
Stanza two; “Most comely he smiled” is better, because otherwise we try to drag “and” out into two beats. The reason for this is probably that almost all – if not al…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic When it all seems rather unnerving… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@christianna-hellwing I really like books by Chuck Black, Robert Treskillard, and Douglas Bond. in the way of movies, I like the Marvel movies, the newer version of Karate Kid, and other action packed movies.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I’ve seen that movie! Unfortunately I’m pretty sure it’s her last name
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m not even going to ask why DYING was the first thing your mind came to… I’m sure it’s some strange INFP thing that I probably don’t want to know about.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Yes it’s a girl. … Can Peregrine be a girl’s name?
@rochellaine That’s funny — I was JUST on that site! Unfortunately I didn’t find names I like :-/
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh, I love that! The faces and captions are all perfect.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Thanks.
Well, you’d better come up with an epic soundtrack for it then. 😉
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Aaaaaand this is why I need to start being more active around here again. I miss stuff like this.
WOOT FOR YOU, @That_Writer_Girl_99. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year! You’ve been a grand addition to our little circle. Thank you for letting me snark at you and beat you up for not liking Lord of the Rings. Bantering with you has been a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Oh hey, could I have it in a doc too? I was going to do it without one, but that sounds a much more efficient option.
I don’t write poetry, but I certainly appreciate good poetry, especially with good cadence. That’s my favorite part.
I read through it, and it’s beautiful, and I do have some metrical suggestions.
Also, I feel compelled…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I really like it! I’ve never written any poem nearly this long. 🙂 I’m putting it in a separate google document myself where I will comment on it, because when I opened yours I got mixed all up in Elizabeth’s comments so that it was hard to go over just for myself. 😀
Since it’s a really long poem it might take me a while to get t…[Read more]
- Load More
