@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
the-happy-bookaholic that is very sweet and adorable. It was much better than my first story.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve gotten 453 words done @daeus. That’s 947 words total. 🙂 I’m very please with that. Thanks for writing with me.
@anna-brie Are you wanting to write some time today? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
That’s great @daeus. 🙂 See you whenever! 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
If anyone else is interested I’m still writing. Probably for an another half hour. @kate-flournoy, @faithdk, @daeus (if you’re still interested.) @rolena-hatfield
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus 494. You use to do fencing??? Wow! I have always wanted to do that. Either that or learn how to use bow and arrows.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’m here now. Ready, set, go!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Actually @christi-eaton, it already exists… right here. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
That. Is. So. Cute. I love it! *debates whether to fill up the rest of post with grinning emojis. Decides against it*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Fair enough. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ah… very valid point, @Daeus. I don’t think I’ve ever delved there in my quests for writerly wisdom. 😉 I have to say I agree… wow. I just learned something I was totally missing. Thanks so much! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald I know, right? We know all these awesome techniques, and some of us *gulp* sound so wise and learned, but there’s such a difference between knowing/talking about something and actually implementing it! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus wow, okay, yeah, I was thinking more like plot-changing reactions. I totally agree about character minor reactions being important too, but I don’t know if you and I are thinking of the same thing when we say that… would you mind elaborating?
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thank you so much for the feedback!!! 🙂 I really appreciate it! Ah, I see what you’re saying about telling vs. showing. I know the difference in my mind, but it’s hard to actually write showing-ly. 😉 I’ll have to go back and edit like crazy. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Oops, tag: @gretald
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh… nice emotional punch in the gut! 😛 The strongest thing, I’m gonna say, is the emotional impact of everything that happened in the story. The story is adorable— very sweet.
I think your prose needs a little work, though. Not the structure of it— but using it to capture all the untapped drama of a character’s inner world.
For instance,…[Read more] -
Greta started the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello, fellow KeePers!
I have a short story that I wrote, and I would love, love, LOVE feedback on it! Seriously, I love feedback. Please critique! Tear the scene apart if you have to. 😛 Here’s the short story:The day of my thirteenth birthday I realized why I was different. I guess I’d always known that I was different, but I’d never qui…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If you guys would be so kind as to help me…. in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
You want it to be timeless? 🙂 That’s a good thing. I do think that’s something very worthwhile to strive for.
But I also think it would help if you included the best of both worlds.That said, you still did a lovely job. Keep it up! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Ah… I see. Wow, I’ll have to think about it! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
You know what, I don’t even know this story… can it be briefly sketched? Or do you know where I could read it?
- Load More
