@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*sigh* @Hope
I need a flashing button on my keyboard that blares the words ‘DO NOT FORGET TAG’ at me every time I make a post.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay yay!! Seems pretty good to me… 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus 708. A slow start as it is a new story, so I had some working out to do, but it began to move along as time went by.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus awesome. Finished the book yet?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I like it! 😀 Only thing I would look out for is adjectives in the first sentence— I am so one to talk, but thrilling and inspiring are pretty similar so I would cut one or the other.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay yes, roughly. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
9:30 is in roughly 35 minutes?? @daeus @kate-flournoy. Cause I can continue that long.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
‘The girl was just sitting there— legs dangling over the edge of the bridge, slumped dejectedly beneath the weight of a soggy black hoodie.
Cobalt scratched his nose. Not the safest of places to sit. Maybe she was lost. Tugging lightly on his draggled, jewel-toned scarf, he got up from his bench and crossed to her side of the bridge. “Hey,” he…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Woohoo! @daeus. I can write now. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's take this thing apart and see what makes it tick in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, @Adry_Grace! Very good point.
A few quick things I love about this short— one, the body language is amazing.
Two, the structure is perfect. We open with a bored musician obviously waiting for someone to come along and make his effort worthwhile— something instantly wanted. Enter little girl with coin; want becomes must have. The stakes…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
‘One… two… three… my tongue lolled nervously out between my jaws, and I crouched lower in the gutter. Not a very nice place to be, granted… but I was desperate.
There it was. Right across the street. Taunting me. Drawing me on to my certain demise.
I whined deep in my throat, choking on my tongue and slapping it up juicily around my teeth.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Let's take this thing apart and see what makes it tick in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve wanted to do this with you guys for a while, and well, now I’m finally doing it. Watch this hilarious Pixar short, and then we’ll pick it to pieces together and see what makes it tick. Ready, set, go!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Hope phewfk… that would just kill me.
Good example from Lysbeth— I hadn’t remembered that. And I agree one hundred percent with your conclusions.
Which sadly means this topic is nearing its demise.
Noooooo!!!!!! Someone do something! *hysterical panting* I don’t want to stop talking about deep things!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes it is, @bluejay— Pixar’s ‘Lifted’. It’s absolutely hysterical.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
BTW @kate-flournoy, is that video clip from a short??? Cause I think I’ve seen it and it was soooo good. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
We need to have a doctor on staff when Tessa’s asleep and I’m not qualified.
It’s weird to have someone write that you’re asleep. Anyway I’m here. Definitely green. But only the alien will stay green @daeus. It is quite normal, although I think @kate-flournoy to it to another level, for someone to turn green when sick with shock. So @hope, you…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus, no problems. We can try tomorrow. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh @hope those are so fun… 🙂
- Load More
