@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*nods head sagely* We approves of all this most wholetheartednessly. I won’t repeat it all— I’d sound like a broken record. But one thing I noticed about AF (can we use initials please? Thanks) is that because Orwell simply states the facts without making it clear what his true opinion is, the book is more easily molded to suit the worldview of…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I just remembered that I have something to do at that time. Sorry! 🙁
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus Hmm, maybe…let’s say 3:00 until 3:30? Does that work for you?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@gretald, @dbhgodreigns, and @hannah-krynicki
His main objective in writing this story seems to be to convince others of whatever points he’s trying to get across in his writing.
I agree that Orwell has some points to get across to the reader. We’ll find out what those points are pretty soon. 🙂
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I have homework to do right now, so I can’t. Will you still be writing this afternoon? I could maybe write then. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin Those are some great thoughts to chew on. 😉 I think that Orwell is telling the story for his readers, mostly. His main objective in writing this story seems to be to convince others of whatever points he’s trying to get across in his writing. It’s a little to early in the story to tell exactly what points he’s trying to prove. @Daeus…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@gretald and @hannah-krynicki
I agree that the pigs seem power-hungry and may become dictators to the other animals. -
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae Good point. I definitely agree with you about that. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Interesting thoughts, everyone!
As far as writing goes, I noticed that there was a lot of telling in the beginning, too, but as you said @daeus, I don’t think that it was necessarily a bad technique. As a reader, I was engaged the entire time. And that’s really all that matters, right? 😉
The characters are great. Each animal has a strikingly…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Honestly, I like it. I don’t think it’s cheesy at all. Great idea, combining the word legionnaires and the word legend. 😉 I’d definitely go with it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I like it, @hope! Honestly, it sounds pretty cool. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus
I noticed the ‘telling’ too. It was a little hard for me to get used to at first but, I agree that it did work well.
I loved the different personalities of the animals. The pigs are the confident, highly regarded animals. The horses are strong, but not necessarily the brightest. (I think Molly especially is an interesting character.) The…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument
There is one word to describe this. Amazing.
Okay, two words. Amazing and ingenious.
WOW! This is so good! I agree with those who said they loved Cerdic’s voice. It’s perfectly hilarious. 🙂
I only noticed a few grammar mistakes, but the awesomeness of the story made up for that! 😉
Amazing, awesome, fabulous job! (Now four words.…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
561. And I’ve finished the fifth in my Chaos the Cat series. 🙂 and Started the sixth. 😀 *squeals with delight* Thank you for writing with me @faithdk. Sorry I can’t go for longer.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Actually make that just half an hour as I have something else I’ll need to do. That okay? @faithdk
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh good. Hey that would be great. @faithdk.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Is there anyone still awake on KP who wishes to write??? I have been told from a very reliable source (thanks @spradlin) that west side of America is three hours behind the other side of America. *hmmm…I don’t think I’m making much sense, but hey, what’s new???*
So let me tag a few people and if you are interested in writing with me for a time…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Competition in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
Let me tag a few people so that you definitely see this. @kate-flournoy; @david; @christi-eaton
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
This. Is. Hilarious. I honestly can’t think of much I would change— the dry, matter-of-fact, world-wise and patiently weary voice of the narrator is perfect for showcasing what kind of world they live in, the wry humor is fantastic, and as an avid student of English history I can totally appreciate everything you said about royalty! 😀
If this…[Read more] - Load More
