@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, good point @Daeus. I hadn’t thought of that. But you’re right. Wow. I’ll have to remember that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
What @hope said. 😀 Also, arcs of any kind. Scene arcs, character arcs, theme arcs, emotional arcs… if they ain’t smooth, I don’t like ’em.
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ha! Well, you must be on to something there @Daeus, because even though I’m not going very fast, I’m very happy with what I edited, and I managed to write a poem at the same time that didn’t need any editing and that I really love to pieces… so either it’s the running, or I’m so sleepy I don’t know what I’m doing and will wake up in the morning…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus wow, I think you’re faster at editing than I am! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
498 words edited, @Daeus. Did you figure out your problem?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus sounds great. See ya then.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus I’ll write with you. Notify me when you want to stop.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer it reads like a poem, but in theory it’s a prayer. I love it! Polish it up a bit, and I think it will be absolutely beautiful. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yeah, I see what you mean.
I just finished the Wingfeather Saga (@zoe-wingfeather). It. Was. Amazing. As for the ending, I thought it was really powerful and moving, even though…*sobs* And I agree with what you all have been saying about the ending. I wish Andrew Peterson had added a little more to the end so that the reader could find…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m leaving tomorrow for a week in Tennessee, so I won’t be able to respond or discuss (sadly). Farewell, fellow KeePers! 😉
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
Hello, fellow writers. I would like to inform you that I will be at TeenPact National Convention from Monday—Sunday this week. (So, I’m not ignoring you if you tag me or anything. 🙂 )
Farewell,
Ingrid -
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yes, we should start a topic on this! Problem is, I’m leaving for Tennessee and staying all of next week, so I won’t be able to participate much.
-
Greta replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope It depends on how much is implied and what is being implied. The end of The Giver was implied, but I liked it because the author left it open enough for the reader to decide what happened.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I like them if they force me to think. Otherwise they just annoy me.
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Ohh, yes. The second Wingfeather Saga book hook (no rhyme intended) wasn’t terrific.
@hope I read the first book in the second series, and, while it was good, it just wasn’t Percy Jackson. I also felt like some of the action was–how do I say this–kind of…forced, if that makes sense?Also, since Riordan isn’t a Christian, the l…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, this is an awesome topic @Daeus. Thanks so much for starting it.
Your theory is perfectly accurate— that’s a really good way to look at it. A plot-twist is when you reach the door at the end of the tunnel and it slams in your face, but a second door opens to your right. You’re still moving forward, but the playing field has changed.Oh…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yeah, he is a great writer. 🙂 Was Magnus Chase good? Have you read the second Percy Jackson series, and if so, did you like it?
@zoe-wingfeather I know, right?!?! -
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather I’m almost finished. I haven’t had time to read because of school, but I’d love to read your fan fiction after I’ve finished the book!!! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Interesting. “Clinchers” is what my English teacher always called them, but I guess we’ll go with “hooks.” 😉
That can work, but it can easily lead to what I call POV telling (e.g. “I just couldn’t believe she had died. Why did I have to go through this!” *cough cough* Telling.)
@Daeus Ohh, yes! Great point. I remember my first book I tried…[Read more]
- Load More
