@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yes @Jadamae, totally! And that made me think of another obvious but maybe not so obvious point… I usually think of plot twists as distractions and rabbit trails, not a turn in the road. I think I wasn’t thinking of them correctly. My perspective was more or less ‘Okay, here’s a plot twist, now how soon can we fix this and get back to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*eyes you strangely* If you say so @Daeus…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I found that I only reached my max speed after roughly a full year of typing— how long have you been writing on the computer for long, steady amounts of time?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus or maybe you’re just getting faster with practice?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Haha, we were posting at the same time!
Wow! That’s wonderful! New record, isn’t it? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus 959 words edited. You?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus sounds good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I am @Daeus. When do you want to write till?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hope awesome! I got 340 words edited.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hope okay, tag me when you want to stop.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hope are you still writing?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Haha @Daeus I completely forgot about that! 😀 I need to read this thing…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hope Yikes! Yeah, okay, I agree with you on that one! 😛 Plot twists shouldn’t just be for shock affect— they have to have resonance within the heart of the story.
Just…
Yeah.
Don’t ever make Silvara turn evil.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus sounds great. No, really. Is this your time-travel story?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I know! It’s amazing! I heard she was writing a sequel… *crosses fingers* I’m always apprehensive about series and sequels and stuff. :/
Hm, let’s see… the mentor is tempted and falls. The bad guy gets the girl. The hero caves to the bad guy and starts working for him. The hero arcs to ‘perfection’ early in the story, then halfway…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yes!! Do it! Do it do it do it! I love it! *hyperventilates excitedly*
Can I use an example of this kind of plot twist… Chris Redston’s decision to use the Orimere to bring Mactalde back to Lael in Dreamlander. Yes. You made me read the book, you can’t complain if I pick it apart and see what makes it tick. 😉 That plot twist was perfect…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Musicians/Music Artists? in the forum Music 10 years, 4 months ago
Well @his-instrument, I guess just simple tunes. Mostly along the lines of traditional Celtic/Irish/Scottish music— something I can just improvise on my harp, and never remember afterward. 😉 I’ve been playing the harp for… uh… maybe three years now? Possibly?
I’ve been taking a break from it lately due to hearing complications, but once we…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Something else I just thought of @Daeus… I don’t know if it adds anything to the discussion, but it may help clarify it a bit.
First, a plot twist is anything that changes the direction the story will take from here on out. Duh. How obvious.
But that means it doesn’t just have to be characters who drive them, though I usually think in that…[Read more] - Load More
