@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@overcomer I haven’t finished a novel before, so I can’t help much there. Sorry! However, I know exactly how you feel because I’ve felt the same way. I’ve heard that the hardest part of writing a novel is writing the beginning. I don’t know whether you’re a plan-out-the-entire-novel sort of person or a start-from-scratch sort of person or a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Oh you poor thing @overcomer. I’ll see if I can help. I’ve written eight full novels (only four of which are worth mentioning) so I should probably know how to fix this.
Thing is though, I’m not sure I do. 😀
But I shall try.My modus operandi is to sit down and write. So helpful, I know. But I’m NOT an organized person at all, and truth be told…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well, I’ve never written a novel, but I have done a novelette. Basically there is no wrong way and it will get fixed later. 🙂 I feel it’s just like writing a short story so just go for it.
*stares at post*
That wasn’t much help was it??? I’m too tired to think. I have been playing in the snow. 🙂 We have an awesome hill to sled down and we’ve…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Overcomer Mjolnir? How in the name of common sense does one even pronounce that? I tried, and it sounds like my mouth is full of sticky rubber. 😛
And yay for hammer-blows of inspiration! Even if they do inspire you to get up at 12:39 in the morning. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
😀
@Daeus Miracle Max’s retort to Inigo when Inigo asked him if he was the miracle worker Prince Humperdink had fired.
Miracle Max has some great lines. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ‘Thank you oh so much for bringing up that very painful subject. Why don’t you just go ahead and give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice on it?’
*hopes you’ve seen The Princess Bride*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus awesome! I didn’t do too well, but I didn’t do too badly either. 859 words edited and some unnecessary material cut.
I’m doing a lot of that. Cutting unnecessary material, that is. Which is very good. I don’t want my final draft to be 500,435 words. *cringe*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus okay. Till nine, as usual.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus oh! Ha— no. I don’t think anything could ever do that. But I do want to get this batch of ideas out of the way at the very least.
I know. *dramatic sigh* I’m such a desperate, dangerous person. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus what don’t I mean?
And honestly I don’t know. I’m so desperate I’m going to try outlining to see if it’ll speed up the process. 😛
I tend to set myself impossible goals, in case you hadn’t noticed. *hysterical laughter* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@c-c-lane. Looks like it’s just you an me for the moment. But here’s the list anyway.
briefcase
fierce
believe
weight
weirdest
beige
experiment
completely
politely
perfume
preserve
recruit
biscuit
lieutenant
thirtieth
doesn’t
through
manoeuvre
gauge
decision(And to tag a few others @daeus, @anna-brie, @rolena-hatfield, @sarah-h @writefury, @ivy-r…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
Sounds like an awesome idea. Not sure I’ll have a heap of time, but hey, who knows. Count me in.
@daeus -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus hm, okay… ‘is cheerful, tugs on sleeve-cuffs; fascinating’?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah… I get it. Wow, this is going to be so fun. I don’t know how steadily I’ll be able to do this, but I’ll definitely jot down anything I can.
Just to make sure I actually do get it, say someone walks in the door. I notice that they’re always tugging on their sleeve-cuffs, so I jot down ‘Tugs on sleeve-cuffs; fascinating’? Is that it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah… I get it. Wow, this is going to be so fun. I don’t know how steadily I’ll be able to do this, but I’ll definitely jot down anything I can.
- Load More
