@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy and
Christine Eaton are now friends 9 years, 9 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Audrey-Caylin not at all. I’m guessing this is probably something we all go through at one point or another. Glad I was in a position to help. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Christi-Eaton *bows* Happy to be of service. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Hello @Audrey-Caylin! So great to have you here!
And this is an awesome discussion. It never really gets old. ‘Christian fiction’ can actually be a pretty broad category depending on your perspective and definition, but I’ll do my best to give the short answer that pretty much sums it all up for me, otherwise we’d be stuck here until we turned…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Ethryndal yes, I’ll pray. I know it’s hard having to work family around difficult health issues.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Christi-Eaton yes. I don’t think there was a single thing about it I disliked. The one thing I was a little miffed on for The Force Awakens was that the plot was basically ‘destroy this huge weapon that is blowing up entire planets’ which was pretty much the plot of A New Hope, but the plot for Rogue One was perfect. And perfectly executed. And…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Christi-Eaton yes! I know! I didn’t cry over it (for some reason I seem to have stopped crying about a year ago? 😛 ) but I was stumbling around in an emotional daze for the rest of the day. It was awesome.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Ha!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m in. Where do we sign up to fund this thing? 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
if I get a book with illustrations, the first thing I do is go through at look at all the pictures.
@Daeus ha! Me too! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus whoa! Easy there! It’s not that bad. 😛 And the forum doctor is not on call either, so settle down. I don’t want to have to be repairing fractured skulls on a moment’s notice. *shakes finger*
But I definitely recommend you definitely see this one as soon as definitely possible. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Okay, so I just want to know which of you have watched it. If most of you have, awesome, we can have a beautiful discussion about everything wonderful about this movie. If none of you have— GO WATCH IT!! I confess I wasn’t sure what to expect, but this movie is amazing. I loved it. It’s tied with Force Awakens for me, and Force Awakens is my all…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
It really depends, @I-J-Anderson. Some books are good with illustrations. A lot of old classics have illustrations— things like Gene Stratton-Porter, and Ballantyne, and the like. I liked those because they sort of filled in the setting gaps the author didn’t spend much time on, though I could have filled it in without them. I guess what I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus of course. No one doubts that. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I tend to agree with @Daeus, @His-Instrument. Literature doesn’t always HAVE to be literal and exact to the real world— especially when it comes to symbolism, there are definite lines you can cross— but unless you feel that it will help illustrate a truth (maybe you wanna explore guilt and how it keeps you from moving on?) probably best not to…[Read more]
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
To all at Kingdom Pen.
I am leaving. No, no, no, not permanently. Just for a week. No, no, no, nothing bad has happened. Stop jumping to conclusions. I’m going away, I know, I’ve already said that. Let me finish please. I will be at a convention for a week without my laptop *pauses to sniff* and so I won’t be able to join in any conve…[Read more]-
@Bluejay have fun! 😀
-
Way to give me a heart attack on Christmas! Sheemers. Have fun at the convention! You’ll definitely be missed. 🙂
-
@bluejay Have a wonderful time! I’m sure you can expect those comments for when you get back 🙂
-
@bluejay Oh phew, I’m so glad you aren’t actually leaving! I thought you were, when I first saw this. Have fun at the convention!!! 🙂 And merry Christmas!
-
@Bluejay Whew, good to know it’s not cuz you don’t like us. 😉
-
@bluejay Are you back yet? How did your conference go?
-
P.S. I like your new profile picture. 🙂
-
@bluejay You promised you weren’t leaving. You promised! :'(
For real, though, you are still here, right? Are you okay? We miss you. 🙂
-
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Merry Christmas! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I know I put a link up above, but here’s the same video insert in my post. Enjoy!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Inserting Videos in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 9 months ago
Ha it worked. Will you look at that. Thanks @daeus
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Inserting Videos in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 9 months ago
Yikes!! How’d you do that???
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
@clairec Help! I need you. I can’t remember how to post a video so that it’s in the comment. I’ve gone back to the topic you started and mucked around there, but it didn’t work. Do you remember??? *oh this is terrible*
-
Sorry I never found this, @bluejay! 🙁 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I miss you.
God Bless,
Claire.
PS. I’ll talk to Mum about exchanging emails at some stage. I’ll let you know when I get the go ahead…
-
- Load More
