-
Katherine replied to the topic (Fantasy) Beta readers wanted for my first chapters of WIPS! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 7 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms Hi!!!!! I’d love to beta read for you!!!!!!! I’m not the best at critiquing but I do love encouraging others in their writing. If it’s alright, I would like to get to know you better before I give you my email and all. 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
*tips fedora*
Thanks for the tips!! I’m still finding new tools in Canva, and literally had no idea the filters option existed until now XD I’ll totally try experimenting with some new things though!
-
Kads replied to the topic Reading Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j I’m going to recommend a few of my fave books, but as I’m quite a bit younger than most of you guys the titles and content will prob be different 😅
What We Found In The Sofa and How It Saved The World by Henry Clark is probably my favourite book of all time, and that’s saying a lot. I have, like, a gazillion books. Even though it’s a…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j No, it’s fine! I currently only have one character to draw, so y’alls can fill me back up with requests, lol!
@godlyfantasy12 Ok, thanks for the references! I feel kinda bad I wasn’t able to get him fully right 😅 When I draw boys of that character type I normally (if unwittingly) play up the innocent, cute-ish aspect of them. But…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Oh my goodness!! These are beautiful! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
oopsie, no i have to go now 🙁
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Yo, those look great! Love the colors!
@writerlexi1216 Aw, haha, thanks. Tips I would give:
Find a nice balance of images/quotes
Move around til you like them. No need to follow certain templates
Filters! Do. Not. Forget. Filters. Filters make everything so much better!
Also, don’t be afraid to crop images to your liking!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Dang, EVERYONE HAS SUCH AMAZING COLLAGES AROUND HERE!
*ahem*
*
Casually takes notes in the corner* *Sips on coffee and totally isn’t giving herself on a lecture on how to improve her own collages*Keep it up, you guys! *two thumbs up*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy @rochellaine Hellooo! 😀
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
Oh, this was amazingly helpful!!! Thanks x 1,000!!! I will DEFINITELY try to keep practicing, and hopefully I’ll someday get as good as you are!! Practice is something that’s a little hard for me (because I can be… *cough* *cough* impatient *cough* *cough*, but I’ll totally try motivating myself.
And yeah, people is what I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic You get to go out for lunch with your main character of choice: How would it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 7 months ago
@kathleenramm That moment when you have wayyy too many main characters to pick and choose from…
also totally unrelated but is this forum tagged gollum on purposeThere’s a buy a meal, get a meal free deal at the local fried chicken place (totally not KFC). There’s a kid standing there, maybe in his late teens, staring at the poster. A horrid…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Ooooh, YES!! I LOVE this one!!! It’s the quote that inspired my favorite author to write my favorite book of all time!!! <33 🙂
-
Lin replied to the topic Reading Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j Uhhh I would suggest East of Eden by John Steinbeck except there’s like some swearing in it and also one of the MCs becomes a prostitute BUT I think that if you can handle Gone With the Wind I think you can handle this too…it’s really good, trust me. It won Steinbeck the Nobel Prize.
Some other of my favorite classic books! Most of w…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Reading Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Ooh, that’s so cool. If they have John Fischer’s Dark Horse, that is the best fiction book I’ve ever read. Although I think there are other books with the title ‘Dark Horse’, so you’d have to make sure it’s the right one. But it is such a great allegory!

Also:
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, by Jacqueline Kelly,
Paint the Wind, by…[Read more] -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Reading Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j Hidden Current and Forsaken Island by Sharon Hinck is really good (Christian allegory). I also really love the Weaver Trilogy by Lindsay A. Franklin and the Out of Time series by Nadine Brandes. For Whom the Sun Sings by W. A. Fulkerson is one of my most recent reads and that’s really good too.
*tries very hard not to go full fangirl…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
“If there is a story that you want to read, but hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”
-Toni Morrison.
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-j Ahh thank you! I do them while I’m bored in class or something, haha…keeps me occupied…
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
Okay, Nina’s done! Sorry for the wait there. I hope you like it! If you don’t, let me know and I can change anything you don’t like.
I gave her kind of a grungy bomber jacket, and thought she might wear long cargo pants too (but didn’t picture them) and scruffy short boots.

-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
Thank you!!! I loved drawing her, although it took several drafts! XD
Yes! I’ll give you a few tips. I’m so happy to hear you want to start the drawing journey!!!
1. Practice. Drawing is as much a hobby as anything else, the only way you will get good at it is by devoting time and effort to it! I’ve been drawing for five years,…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 7 months ago
@e-k-seaver I use Copic markers! They’re arguably the best marker out there, lol. Nope, my propic is one of my MC’s, Marge. 🙂
@godlyfantasy12 Oh, ok, lol. I *kind of* based him off of one of my own guy characters for the hair, haha. I really liked shading it for some reason. XD Ok, when I start the headings please do tell me what you think he…[Read more]
- Load More
