@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I was raised in a Christian home, and I always knew God existed, but I can point to one moment when my relationship with Him became personal, and I trusted in Him for salvation. Now, if I were to write my testimony out in full, I would focus more on what God did after He saved me, because the story didn’t stop there. Like @rochellaine…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yup!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Tag fail. @rochellaine
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine I may not be on here much the next few days because of spring break and traveling to Florida so I’m sorry if I do not respond right away! That being said, I have TONS of school to get done today before we leave tomorrow so I probably cannot write at all today… 🙁
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young 😀 I did think that was what you probably meant, so that’s why after clarifying I put the other stuff in about writing “how” you know instead of “when” you knew. 🙂 I do believe that the “when” isn’t all that important, but people usually emphasize it because it often corresponds with the “how,” right?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I do see where my wording was confusing. I guess I mean I’ve always had a personal relationship with Him and I don’t remember a time before I’ve known Him and believed in Him. Instead of knowing of Him, I mean I know Him personally as my King and Savior.
Thanks for taking the time to answer! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ll probably be here around 2:00 or 3:00 (your time. 🙂 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I also grew up in a Christian home, but I am wondering about your wording a little bit. 🙂 I would say I’ve always believed in Christ, rather than always known Him. Because just knowing about him and believing it’s true isn’t enough to get to heaven. The Bible says that even the demons believe. We can’t inherit Christ from our p…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ireland! I’m super excited. 🙂 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thanks! I like your way of wording that “how He has shaped you as a Christian”. I will use that. I don’t really have one specific moment when I gave my life to Him, it just has happened over time.
This is actually for a mission trip application! 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Thank you for taking the time to answer! That was super helpful. Like you, I’ve grown up in a Christian home so it’s hard to follow the typical steps for writing out a testimony. I had no idea what to write, but what he means to me now sounds like a great place to start! Thanks again! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Gotcha. Well hey, film-making is technically writing, too, right? XD
And as long as I’m here I shall lay out a bunch of my favorite movies…
- Inside Out
- Finding Dory
- Home (animated film)
- The Cat Returns
- Big Hero 6
- Zootopia
- Despicable Me
- LEGO Movie
- LEGO Batman Movie
- Peanuts Movie
- Rio, and the sequel
- Kung…
-
Kaya Young started the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
I need to write a short testimony, but here’s the thing: I have no clue what to write!
Most things say to write out your life before Christ, how you came to Christ, and your life after Christ. This is kinda a problem because (praise the Lord) I have always known Jesus. So how do I write a testimony?
I need to write it ASAP so any help, insights,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Awesome! I love genres. I write science fiction. Right now, my WIP trilogy is a kind of dystopian world + some space but not very extended space – aliens (no aliens) + big government + cool technology.
So yeah. Whatever that is called. 😛
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Cool topic! I have like 4 different WIP/ideas that I plan on writing, here are their genres:
My one WIP is kind-of Realistic Science Fantasy like you described, but set in the future!
My second WIP is historical fiction and romance.
I also have a fantasy world that I’m working on.
I love to write nonfiction!
-
Joy replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Good topic idea!
Let’s see… I don’t know what genre I write in… I have a novella that’s science-fiction/fantasy, but other than that I have a huge mix of other things 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk You mean when Rochellaine claims to have made me disappear? Here it is 🙂
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can you edit something on part 9 on the KPA for me?
The part where Jane says: “It seems you are an Evil Overlord.” Could you take off the word “evil?” Rochellaine and I had a small dispute… Thanks 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 That was awesome! 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel OH! *sigh* Everyone should keep a Dekreel about, to get them out of a mess. *pats your head*
It is Aspen. We wolves are somewhat forgetful.
@warrenluther04 Change that to Aspen, will you? Sorry for the confusion…! 🙂
- Load More

Sure! Will do.
Thank you! But please don’t think I was upset at Dekreel as she seems to imply. 🙂 There was no dispute between us that I can recall. Just a request and an explanation.
You’re good. I understand. 🙂
Ah, @dekreel if you call it a dispute, they’ll think we were upset! And I’m not at all. 🙂 We just had a “clarification.”
@rochellaine Yes, I suppose that’s a better word… I was trying to think of a word in between “clarification” and “argument,” but I failed XD