@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
They definitely would have been able to see each other much better then, because yeah, they weren’t really enclosed. I’m also trying not to overload the story with pilot jargon, and that’s kind of hard.
That’s good. Are Chara and Uncle Bill out of hospital yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Well, during WWI the pilots could see each other pretty well since the planes weren’t as sealed in as they are now, right? I’ve read of dogfights where the pilots saw the expressions on their opponents’ faces sometimes.
Well actually right now it’s going okay. I think. 😛 I’m at a kind of boring part so I’m hoping I can get th…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know, I’m just terrible at writing descriptions of people fighting each other, especially when it’s not a duel with swords or anything, its more impersonal.
No, I haven’t, but I might have heard of it.
Cool! And how’s that going? Hopefully better than my dogfighting.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Dogfights are cool, but I wouldn’t know how to write them either. 😀 Have you read the Tales of the RAF by Don Patterson?
Well, right now I have my stuff on a flash drive so I’m trying to work on my western from our desktop computer. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hello! I’m currently trying to edit/rewrite a dogfighting scene (not, like, an actual dogfight, but aeroplanes fighting each other).
I’m terrible at fight scenes, so it’s not coming along very well. You?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Working on anything at present?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yep, I’m likely to be on later 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m editing my novella currently!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-anson Oh, good question!
Casse: Would probably rather have someone she loves hate her. At least it means they’re alive.
Dagny: Would rather spend time in a cell with the person she most hates.
Jordan: Would rather have someone he loves hate him. He feels that way already.
Alright folks – Would your character rather be able to fly…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh, good! I worry overly much about whether I’ve offended people and feel the need to apologise until I get to the point where I’m apologising for apologising. 😛
I’m sad for your computer by the way 🙂 I hope its okay *sends encouraging hugs to the computer*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@notawriter Oh, I’m so glad you like her!
@sarah-anson Those are epic!!! 🙂
-
Sink replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
I haven’t been here in a while. *scans crowd* Wow, so much new art! Awesome stuff, people.
Here’ my contribution:



~Sarah
-
Sink's profile was updated 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Sink replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay, thanks @jenwriter17 !
-
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Ah, okay. Thanks! @skredder
-
Skredder replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-anson Look at the above comment. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to tag myself. Oi.
-
Skredder replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Oh, you set that up on your profile page. It’s the signature setting.
-
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Totally! Plus, I think it makes characters much more interesting when they don’t always do what’s right, or are even adverse to doing what’s right until the very end of the book. It makes me root for them more, and want them to change.
Btw, How do you put in the little line between your comment and your username? I can’t seem to figure…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-anson Oh yeah, absolutely! He’s been through a lot, being abandoned and betrayed on more than one occasion. I can see him making decisions that benefit himself best because he needs to protect himself from others. Just what I got from his background.
-
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Interesting idea, @skredder. I’ll try it out. Kirin is a great guy, but I really don’t want him to have “Hero Syndrome” (As in he does everything right just because it’s right.). And I also don’t want him to be an anti-hero, because it doesn’t fit. So he needs to have enough moral strength to do the right things sometimes, but he also needs to be…[Read more]
- Load More
