@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice started the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
So, as most of you probably know I am Australian and I probably know less about America than you know about Australia.
This is problematic, because my current WIP has a character who is demanding to be American (no idea why, that’s just how he is). Specifically he is from Ohio. Now I kind of need to know about Americans, what slang they use in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Definitely 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 One pair of boots coming up!
Where to find the best fast food?! Do you remember the opening of my book where Chara looks through the airport restaurants for “anything that’s not greasy or sugar-saturated?” 😛 I’m afraid she wouldn’t be all that grateful for Rin’s advice. She’s a bit too ladylike and conservative. 😉 Raelyn, on t…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh no! I will! losing a pet can be really hard. 🙁
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha!
Oh, the boots being ruined is probably the worst of all, isn’t it? I hadn’t thought of that. I did plan for her to get a new pair, but I don’t think I told her that yet, so maybe that’s the trouble. 😉
You know, I realize that what my characters go through isn’t necessarily horrible compared to what your or SeekJustice’s c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, she keeps trying to have panic attacks, and I can’t have her doing that because it slows the action down and makes her seem like an annoying character. But every time I delete one panic attack or freak out session she just goes and has another!
So I’m giving her a time-out until she comes to her senses.
Although, I guess…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, it’s the series I have on my website. I thought you had seen that? Six are published so far, but it’s been two years since I published the last one, and I’ve had requests for another, so I’m trying to write a seventh book. They’re pretty short, only about 14,000 words each, so I should be able to write it pretty qu…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Actually, not at the moment. 😀 I’m working on the seventh book in my kids series. (Four Children’s Adventures.) I’ll probably be going back to my western in a little bit.
How’s your dystopian coming? Are your characters still alive? 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, I’m here! What are you working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I don’t know, but probably. 🙂 See you soon!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey people! I’m writing now! @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @alia @ingridrd @skredder
Come and join me?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@notawriter @ingridrd @catwing Thanks y’all!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Awww…of course! I know how hard it is to lose a pet. ❤️
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ingridrd Thanks! So far I’ve only read the prologue, and I am super excited to read all of it!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @kaya-young Alrighty! Here you go. Thanks again!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11AHdPPXbizqzep23-mmpjsj1HndllfhrEjVt5cOq1Oc/edit#
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ingridrd Umm.. Whatever you want to do, but posting it on here would work best for me. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@sage-g @notawriter @ariella-newheart @sarah-anson
Could one or two of you possibly draw me a character, please? 🙂
Randal—is 17, has auburn hair, green-yellow eyes, and a soft smile. He has a long white scar down the side of his neck. Clothing-wise, anything casual, probably just a T-shirt and jeans.
Hopefully that’s enough info! 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @kaya-young Thank you both so very much for putting time into commenting on this for me! Would you like me to post the entire book here or…?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m 95% certain that the reason I am so heartless regarding my characters is that I was traumatised at an early age by Beth dying 😢
I just listened to a few of the songs. Hopefully I’ll have time to listen to them at the library tomorrow 🙂
I like Hugh Jackman (my fellow countryman) but I haven’t heard that particular…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice No, I don’t think he could stand it. 🙂
Little Women is an amazing book!! Have you read any of the sequels? We have Little Men and Jo’s Boys. I don’t really like Jo’s Boys much at all.
You know what? I actually just found out about the musical a couple of hours ago too, and haven’t yet listened to any of the songs. 😀 But I rea…[Read more]
- Load More
