@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Self-publishing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I am not. I don’t really have the time right now to be on another forum besides this one. 😉 But I go on there sometimes just to read articles or forum posts, because I know a lot of the people there. 😀
Really? Which books were those? What exactly didn’t you like about them? (I know absolutely nothing abut Cre…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Self-publishing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Great! Glad it was helpful. 🙂
I’ve seen your topic on the Story Embers forum and noticed that several people are recommending CreateSpace (or something like that.) I’ve never heard of it before, so I’m not going to say anything about it, except that they’re probably right that it’s a great place, if they’ve already used it. I ju…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Aw, thanks. That’s sweet. 🙂 But there are a lot of people there who aren’t here. (Yes, I’ve read a few of the posts/threads on the SE forum. 😉 )
Yes, I’ve read a few of their articles. I often forget to do so, but I’ll go over there in a bit and read some, since you recommended them. I am subscribed to their emails, and I am…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira and
Jessi Rae are now friends 8 years, 5 months ago -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine But even if you cant get involved with SE (which is understandable) I would encourage you to read some of their articles. Some of the ones they have posted latley are the best I have ever read! Are you subscribed to their emails? And are you entering their short story contest?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, its fun, but it isn’t the same when you are not there.
They have a thread like this one, only they call it the Scribblers Station because you can also share art you have been doing as well as writing. And Mariposa has been writing SE stories that are unbelievably funny, and make KP sound like its an ancient world. (in one s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey! I’m back! And oh yes, I’ve often thought that it has a similiar plot to beauty and the beast.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Possibly. As usual, it all depends on when I get tired and decide to go to sleep. 😉
See you later!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m going to disappear for a bit. Will you be on later?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, I was actually thinking yesterday as I listened to those songs that Jane Eyre reminded me of Beauty and the Beast. Except that Jane wasn’t supposed to be very pretty. Do you see the comparison like I do?
Who knows? 🙂
Great. 😀
@ariel-ashira No, I am not. I have been considering it, but this forum distracts me enough fr…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I just find him super weird and creepy and I have no idea what Jane sees in him. Other than that i liked Jane and I liked the story quite a lot.
Hey, who knows, you’ve managed to convert me to two old musicals 😉
Hopefully I’ll read it once I’m done with Oliver Twist 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Are you on the Story Embers forum?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Uh, yeah. Mr. Rochester isn’t exactly a hero we can sympathize with. He really didn’t do anything right! Jane is a pretty nice person herself, though. Well, I haven’t listened to much of it. Only about two songs, which I thought were pretty good. It was an accident that I found it, but I don’t remember what I was listening to pr…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I have heard some of Jane Eyre, but my feelings on the story are quite mixed so I’ve never listened to the whole thing.
I will listen to those (maybe this afternoon). And I’ll look into the Disney musicals as well!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice 🙁 I’m sorry.
Well, I was listening to a bit of Jane Eyre yesterday, but I’m sure you’ve already heard that musical, haven’t you?
I also recently found some 70s(ish?) musicals by Disney, (where Newsies came from, of course,) about Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. I haven’t seen the movies, and I don’t know how accurate to the…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine What do you think of the song “Climb Every Mountain”? I dont think you mentioned that one. I agree with you about the other songs. Sixteen going on Seventeen would be funny if it didnt actually happen all the time in real life.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @ariel-ashira Thanks so much! I really appreciate it 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
it hasn’t been a great month so far, but I’m sure I’ll get over it soon. Have you listened to any new musicals lately? I could use some new listening material 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Praying for you! That sounds really tough, being a writer and all.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Ah, that is a good thing.
How’s everything going for you, other than your poor wrists?
- Load More
