@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Cool. Well, yes, I guess other people do sing it. 😉 I learned it from a singing teacher we had a really long time ago when I was probably seven or eight years old. I’ve heard it in a medley of folk songs recently, though, and since those were mostly American folk songs I wondered if it was actually Australian or not.
You re…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yeah we sing that song 🙂 I’m pretty sure its actually an Australian song. I didn’t know other people sang it too 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Today I was singing the old kiddie song, “Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree,” and wondered if you sing that in Australia, or if it’s just an American song about an Australian animal. So, I’m asking you. 😛
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay. I’m still working on getting the comments done.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking Nice! 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking Oh that’s cool! 🙂 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder *claps* Nice!
Ok, this one’s a bit chaotic looking, but that’s what happens when you try to sum up all your characters in one collage. 😛 Viola!Â

-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh my goodness! Really!? Great job!
I unfortunately won’t be able to read it yet; I’ll try to read it once I get home from church. But, y’know, it’s Mother’s Day. 🙂
Great job so far!
-
WarrenLuther04 posted an update 8 years, 4 months ago
GUYS! I’M PUBLISHED!
/The Trials of Ualair Fencaryn/ is available in the collection of short stories, titled /Transmogrified Tales/. It is available on Lulu, which will hopefully be accessible on…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Can I read it too?!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I finished reading it! Most of my comments are going to have to wait til tomorrow though.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @kaya-young Goodnight to both of you!
Kaya, I hope you’ll be around more often! 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, I’m a super slow writer too, so I understand.
🙂 Probably more book length? I don’t really know yet.
@jenwriter17Â Thank you!
Well I shall bid you goodnight! Happy late night writing to both of you. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young Interesting. I love tweaking names to make them sound more cool. 🙂
It’s going okay. I’m a really slow writer, so there hasn’t been a whole lot of progress made, though I’ve done a bunch of editing.
Is the story you’re working on a book or a short story?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, It actually was a name  @alia suggested, and I modified a bit. 🙂 Tove was the original though, and it means thunder.
How goes the western?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I don’t really care. I’m editing something for SeekJustice right now, so I’ll not be too impatient for yours. I just want you to know that I definitely want to read it when you are ready to let me! 😉
@kaya-young That’s a cool name! Does it have a meaning?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Â Oh! You’re almost done! That’s so exciting! Is there any chance I could beta read it? I know I wasn’t the best at giving you feedback before, so I understand if you don’t want me to.
I’m working on a story I had an idea for this morning about a girl who I am now calling Tovia.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Remember, I get to read it when it’s complete! 😉
Yes, I’m working on my western…slowly…
@kaya-young Yay! You’re back! I haven’t seen you around in a while. How’s it going?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17  @rochellaine  @alia
I’m writing!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Cool! How’s it going? Did you get to the end yet?
- Load More

@warrenluther04 OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS AWESOOOOOOME! congrats! 😀 Great job! *confetti and cake and all good things to you*