@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira, I see what kind of friendship this is. As long as there are marshmallows you stick around 😉
any tips on how to write about a forest without it getting boring?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @seekjustice @rochellaine *pops back in* *grabs the last of the roasted marshmallows* *vanishes into the night*
I might be on more later, I don’t know yet.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
We are not savages. Of course we have roasted marshmallows ;P
it was a fun story to write! I thought I had a copy on my computer, but I can’t find it now.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira Goodbye!
@seekjustice Interesting. That does sound similar, though I was thinking that she was chosen specifically, and not as a volunteer.
Haha, definitely. Your books contain many sobplots.
@alia Okay, go for it! 😀
I want roasted marshmallows. Give me roasted marshmallows. Now. 😛 SeekJustice do you have roas…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira, its Christine. Alia Chrisine. bye
@jenwriter17, I like your new picture. bye
@rochellaine, well, my taking the story prompt is actually just me taking a single aspect from it. I rarely take the whole idea.
and I’m back again, this time for a while. Anyone want roasted marshmallows? I think there are a few left
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I love beetles!! As in, car beetles, Volkswagens. 😀
@rochellaine Actually, your prompt reminds me of a short story I wrote once, based on a Japanese myth. It was about a girl who offered herself as a sacrifice to the sea dragon instead of the emperor’s daughter.
And yes, another subplot! (I just wrote sobplot though, and that seems…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 You changed your profile picture again?! Haha. Thankfully we can’t change our faces in the same way we change online profile pictures…
…oh wait. Plastic surgery. Right.
😛 😛 😛
Change that to “Thankfully changing profile pictures is less expensive and less painful than plastic surgery.”
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Thank you letters. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
MALAYSIA! That’s so cool! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Jen Writer has some great tips, and my only word of advice would be not to worry about the length of the thank you letter as much as the content. Personally, I think it’s better to have less (but well written) content than a bunch of stuff for the sake of just having more.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Cool! Another subplot? Like…oh, I’m not going to guess. Just let me read it again once you finish the edits. 😉
@jenwriter17 Thank you!
@alia Well, I offered it to Ariel, but if she doesn’t want it, I’d love for you to write it! 🙂
@ariel-ashira How should I know?! I just made the prompt. It’s your job to come up with the…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I have to go, guys. Nice talking with you!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Either that, or you can come to America and sing “America the Beautiful” while I laugh at your Australian accent. 😀
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice 😀
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine My question: why were they gonna sacrifice her to the wild waves? And can babies actually be taught to swim that young?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Sounds like a plan 😀
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hey, you just changed your profile picture!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia How beautiful and powerful!!! What is your middle name?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, cool prompt *checks full writing schedule* I’m sure I can find space for a new story
The doll clothes are for the only remaining doll I have left, and all of them are medieval style, since its a waste of money and time to make those for myself because where would I wear them???
@ariel-ashira, combined with my middle name it means…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I’m working on a short story which I’m considering entering into an anthology competition. Its kind of a King Arthur…Little Mermaid…thing.
I’m actually supposed to be editing Stars though. I’ve got some new ideas for at least one subplot which i’d like to add.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Your name is so pretty! That is quite the prompt…hmmm
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh, that meaning is even better!
@jenwriter17 Ariel is Hebrew for “lion of God” and Ashira is the Hebrew word for “I will sing”. My real name, Esther, is Persian and means “bright and shining star”. It specificaly refers to the morning star.
@seekjustice If I ever come to Australia I will sing “I Am Australian” for you, and you can l…[Read more]
- Load More
