@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I might be gone when you get back, but shoot me a tag and we’ll see. 🙂
Hope it goes well!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m going to go practise my youth group talk for a bit, but I’ll be back soon!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Hm, maybe we’re talking about two different ones. I don’t remember that song from the musical. The song when she gets transformed is “It’s Possible”. And that one’s actually very famous. Even my mom knows it, and she doesn’t know many Broadway songs. 😛
But you should definitely look the R&H Julie Andrews version up. There have been…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Me too. Bye, everyone! 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, @skredder, @seekjustice, I have to get to bed now. Bye
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine…JULIE ANDREWS???? I must find it. She is my favorite actress, her voice, amazing.
This is my first time listening to it, and she just got transformed. So I guess so far it would have to be…*quick check*…Me, Who Am I?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia 😛
Oh, of course! But did you know it was originally a TV movie with Julie Andrews in the 50s? I love her version of it! Of course, as my brother and I said a couple of days ago, Julie could make anything sound beautiful. 😉 But Rodgers and Hammerstein were a wonderful team.
What’s your favorite song?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, have either of you listened to the Cinderella Broadway soundtrack?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, me? crazy? never! just don’t ask anyone who has spent two minutes in my presence…which, now that I think of it, could in a way count as you…so don’t ask yourself
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I usually don’t, but after I bombed on my last short story I wanted to do this one right.
@rochellaine Thanks! I quite like it, except for one little plot element.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder, thats more than I do for anything…
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia A short story. I actually planned it out completely this time. Character arcs, plot points, acts, the works!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder, welcome, what are you working on?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Ahoy there! I’m actually here! Surprise, surprise. 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, oh, and the traveling trio (two 20 somingthings and one 3 year old) are trying to escape to a safe haven at the end of the forest a day’s walk away
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I don’t either, but it was entertaining, I haven’t stopped laughing
@seekjustice, I imagine it a mixture of Mirkwood and Fangorn
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I have no idea what I just wrote. *covers face* *giggles*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I like writing about creepy forests, but I’m not sure if that’s helpful.
I think the forest depends on the mood of the story/characters. Are they frightened? Happy? Is it a forest like Mirkwood, or like Lothlorien? I could probably help a bit more with keeping it interesting if I knew that.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice You’re not savages? What a revelation!
Haha. 😛 I’m glad you are able to know the joys of roasted marshmallows.
@alia “In the deep shadows loomed an unnecessarily large bear. He loomed there because the best thing for bears to do is loom. Otherwise they would not be frightening. And it’s important for bears to be frig…[Read more]
- Load More
