@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Don’t worry about the Lesley Ann Warren version. I just recommended it because it’s another version and because the singing is pretty good, but I don’t really like the acting. I’ve just been watching clips and remembered that. If you want to see what it was like you can fine a lot of short clips of it on YouTube, but the Julie Andrews ve…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I found the Julie Andrews version, (I’ll listen to it after the one I sent you) and a Whitney Housten version (1997), but I didn’t see the Lesley Ann Warren version
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, will do. I haven’t actually finished listening to it yet because I had to go to bed in the middle last night
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh, that is the one by Rodgers and Hammerstein. I just looked it up and it says for the 2013 adaption on Broadway they wrote a whole new book and added a few songs R&H had written separately to the score. So, it’s got a lot of the same songs, but it’s not quite the same musical.
I’m listening to it now, though, and you should listen t…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFB3s6ry4M&list=PLkbGQAOJ0kB-OxvXfMEc4NDqGrEst0rHU
this is the one I was listening to
-
Ariel Ashira changed their profile picture 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine They care, but they don’t understand why I might do a crazy thing like write all night when I have a burst of inspiration or something that other writers understand. And you guys can answer my questions when they can’t. That’s all I meant by it.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Thank you letters. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly I would say expressing how their donation helped you and what you are going to do with it is good, like Jenna said. Having it simple and grateful is going to be a lot better than a cheesy flowery speech. Also, choosing/making a nice card can help tell them that you value their support. Did you post this topic on SE? The…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
1. My favorite character is Jax. *hugs him* He is very headstrong and brave, while still a kind gentleman.
2. My favorite scene would have to be the one near the end when Uma and Rin say they’ll be friends forever…it’s so sweet and you really triggered a lot of emotion. 🙂
3. Hmmm…no specific scenes. Some sentences here an…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, I actually do like fractions. 😮
I should definitely go to bed.
Oh yes, of course. Just let me know, and I’ll see. I just meant that it can’t be tonight or any nighttime, so it’d have to be either morning or really late night for you, (if I got up really early in the morning,) because I can’t wake everyone up in the middle o…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Not that I particularly like fractions.
Not yet, but I’m about to go out and you should go to bed.
I might have to wait till a day I’m at the library, but we’ll see, I’m not sure how much internet it will take.
I have no deadline…I mean I’d like to have it done by, like…2020, but I’m pretty flexible.
Anyway, I’m off. Farewell 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hooray! Another for my side. Fractions forever! 😛
Did you ask your mom…I mean…mum? 😉
Cool. Maybe we can try it out tomorrow. When would you like your book finished? I would assume as soon as possible, of course, but is there a deadline?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I think I like fractions better, just cause I feel like the format is sort of easier  (for me) to understand.
Okay, I’ll have a look and see what my mum thinks.
Actually, my computer already has Skype, I just found out.
That would be pretty cool…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Plus, it would be really cool to talk to you for real… 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Ugh, math. 😛 I have a kind of random question: Do you like fractions or decimals better? 😉 I like fractions better, but most of my siblings prefer decimals.
Skype is free download, I think. If it’s possible for you to check it out and see if it’ll work I’d love that, because it would be much easier for me to have a direct ch…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I’m back now. Unfortunately stuck with math though. Happy to chat 😉 By the way, I haven’t replied to your email yet but I don’t have Skype, so I wouldn’t be able to Skype you.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Oh, I see you posted the first one at 1:30. Funny it didn’t show up in my notifications until now. Oh well, see you later!
I’m sure your family cares about your writing, especially your parents, even if they don’t necessarily say so. 🙂 But we’re glad you like us. 😛
Goodnight!
@seekjustice Are you back yet?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine It is 12:44 here, and yes I am up late! I have to go now, but yes I was researching. Its so good to talk with you guys because you are really the only people in the world who understand and care about my characters and writing. See you tomorrow!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Fifteen minutes until one o’clock? 😉 Or…are you in mountain time? Will it only be twelve? Anyway, I’m here, obviously, so, hi!
What are you working on? Still researching?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice Anyone on? I have about fifteen minuets.
- Load More
