@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I showed my sister this song a few minutes ago, and we both agreed that the singer is amazing. I then thought of you, and wondered if you’d like to hear it. 😉 It’s apparently from a 1987 Snow White musical movie, and it’s now near the top of my list of villain songs. 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5lxNxymO7g
By the way, I’…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, I was gone anyway, on my conference call. 🙂 But I’m back now.
Okay, I didn’t have any great desire to see them, so with such a recommendation as that, I guess I don’t need to worry about it. 😛
Sadly, yes. KP is being abandoned. Remember when it used to say “Members active in the last 24 hours: 46” or something like tha…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, well, I haven’t seen Jurassic Park, so I don’t know what levels of scariness that includes. 😛 But I guess that means it won’t be a problem. And the villain in the ’55 movie isn’t nearly as scary as the one in the Hugh Jackman Broadway version from 1999. (My sister and I have three different versions of Oklahoma! that we wa…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 A favorite with a lot of people around here is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954). Singin’ in the Rain (1952) is a classic, and very funny. It’s about the rocky transition from silent films to talkies in 1929. Oklahoma! (1955) is also very good. That one’s unusual for an old musical in that it actually has a villain. A real…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 What about the title “Underneath”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 A whole bunch. 😛 But presently it’s Tom Sawyer, 1973, by the Sherman Brothers. This is the song I’m on right now: A Man’s got to Be What He’s Born to Be (Not such a great message, but… 😉 I like the song Gratifaction better.
Also, looking at pictures of the flash floods in my county last night:

Wow, right? Thankfully we li…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m here for a little bit, trying to prepare for a conference call which I’ll have in a couple hours. (Law school. 😉 ) And getting distracted listening to musicals.
How’s your editing coming?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Okay, goodbye.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I started hopping in my seat when she told me
I’m actually signing off. I have to get ready for work.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia That’s amazing! Praise God!
Are you writing now?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
okay, and I’ll repost this here so that people can actually see it
@jenwriter17, @rochellaine, @seekjustice, anyone else I asked to pray a few nights ago, my friend is a Christian. We have a new sister in Christ
-
Rochellaine started the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hello People!! We’re in need of a new Writers’ Corner again, so here it is! Writers’ Corner #17! 🙂
@jenwriter17 @alia @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @skredder (Is there anyone else who wanders around the deserted regions of the Kingdom of Pen anymore? 🙁 )
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, @rochellaine, @seekjustice, anyone else I asked to pray a few nights ago, my friend is a Christian. We have a new sister in Christ
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, locked in…
sorry for disappearing, the computer crashed and then I was called down for lunch
@jenwriter17, I am sorta here.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Whoops! Was she locked in, or did she just decide she preferred being inside?
Last night it rained buckets and there was a flash flood. We had to rescue the rabbits from drowning, literally, since a river is now where their cage used to be, on the low ground in our backyard. They spent the night in our basement in an extra dog cage.
Do y…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I didnt realize there was more than one. I have no clue which one my mom likes, probably the older one.
Soooo, during the night our dog sleeps in a kennel in th basement, and guess what I just found? She was still in there at one in the afternoon
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia The Meet Me in St. Louis Celeste Holm was in is the 1966 tv remake. Is that really the one your mom likes? Most people only know the 1944 version with Judy Garland. (I have never heard of the ’66 version until now. The only versions I’d heard of were the ’44 version and the ’59 version with Jane Powell.
Oh, I haven’t seen Tom Saw…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, Celeste is in Tom Sawyer (I just looked it up) and Meet Me in St. Louis. I haven’t seen either, but my mom loves the latter.
I didn’t recognize any of the other two’s movies, but I recognize them
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Ginger Rogers is most famous for her work as Fred Astaire’s leading lady, but she is also known as an amazing comedienne and dramatic actress in her own right. Walter Pidgeon is one of the greatest male actors from the 40s and has been in lots of stuff. His most frequent partner was Greer Garson in a lot of drama films, but he’s also w…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I recognize them, but I can’t remember from where. I’ll have to look it up now
- Load More
