@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
…YOU BETTER NOT HAVE MADE JONAS OR RAIN VILLAINS AND YOU BETTER NOT KILL THEM OFF. If you did I will fly to Australia, hunt you down, and force you to rewrite your book.
(I’m on part two of the first one @jenwriter17 and @rochellaine…no spoilers)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 No, not really writer’s block. I know what to write. It’s more lethargy. I’m not excited about writing. Usually when that happens I just work on something else for a while, just like I do when I have writer’s block. But lately I haven’t been excited about writing anything at all.
Theoretically, I’m actually still excited abou…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Slowly, slowly! My sister came in a few days ago and said, “I was just thinking, I haven’t read your book in a while, so maybe I can read the new parts now?” And I said, “There’s nothing new. I’ve written, like, a few paragraphs.” 🙁 Part of the problem is that I just don’t make myself sit down and write, though. I get dist…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha, I’m sorry. I was telling SeekJustice a couple of days ago that the editing is the easiest part for me. It’s the writing that’s much harder! It can take me a couple of hours to edit something that took me several days to write. Sounds like you have the opposite problem. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes! Seriously, you kept raving about Justice, but I didn’t like him in the first book because he was too emotionless, and while I like him better in this book, he’s now an emotional wreck, basically, and I much prefer Zac. SeekJustice says if Quillon came alive she’d marry him, but it’d have to be Zac for me. 😛
Ah, yes. And my…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 *DISCLAIMER* I may not have been the one to call for this, because I’m not a big superhero person. I’ll try to be helpful though. *END OF DISCLAIMER. HAVE A NICE DAY*
My biggest advice would to work on all the villain’s motivations and make them human. I think you’ve got the opportunity to give Kaylee adversaries that will challenge…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I think I’d had a nap that afternoon, and when I have a really long nap I don’t get tired at night. Therefore it’s not a very good idea for me to take a nap, usually… 😛
Of course he is! Zac is the best character out of both books. 😉
At the end of the document there are comments from a couple of the readers, which were pretty f…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I think I’ve only read three of them, and since they’re stand-alone there might be a few that I would like. First-off, the thing that till make the most sense to you is I don’t like darkness. And his stories are full of that.
Now, about the specific stories. One was advocating the right to kill one person to save many. That is…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Haha! I do get tired sometimes, you know. 😉
@jenwriter17 Nope. 😛 I think the lastest we’ve gone to was 4:00 a.m. one time. 😮
How’s it going? Who’s your favorite character now that you’re almost done with the book? (Give you three guesses on mine…)
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine Sorry guys, I have to get off now.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine What made you go to bed so early last night? That is about as amazing as Daniel being speechless. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira Halloo!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Just catching up on emails, looking up stuff, whatever. How about you?
-
Ariel Ashira's profile was updated 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Why don’t you like Josiah’s stories?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I am on!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Whenever I hear “superhero WIP” I become wary because I pretty much hate Josiah’s stories, but I’ll try to give an unbiased opinion. 😛
So…my first thought on reading your ideas was that if I read the book I would immediately think her grandparents were villains. Maybe you should play this up a bit, and either have her trust them…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 What a cool bunch of ideas! I like what @skredder suggested. I will try to think of something, and let you know if I have any ideas. So, do her “grandparents” care a lot for her? What happened to her parents? And do you know what theme you might be using?
I think biracial people are beautiful. I guess one way you could let r…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic My Superhero WIP in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
I think the second option is good, but I also think that she should have met him at least a few times even if she was too young to remember properly. But what if he’s not a mad-scientist? What if he’s actually good but there are some bad people who caught onto his experiment and have been funding him? However, the experiment is ready for…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Sorry, I was having internet troubles ;D I don’t know why, but it just cut out.
No, I don’t really know any Youtubers, occasionally I watch a video on writing if it pops up, but I usually just read blogs.
Farewell (again!)
- Load More
