@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Well, thank you 😀 And yes, its not so much the character trait, but more the normalisation of it. That’s what makes me mad.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yes, its crazy! I hate it very much. 😐
Well, I don’t necessary have a problem with her being disrespectful or disobeying her parents. My problem comes when the character never changes and its shown to be okay. After all, Chessy can be pretty disrespectful and disobedient toward her father, but I hope that I portrayed that to be bad…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I always liked reading those stories! The more modern ones tended to get on my nerves though (an excuse for disobedient and rebellious girls to one-up everyone else), but I’d love to see a Christian version of those sorts of stories.
Nice pinterest board, by the way.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Cool! I’ll check it out (pray I don’t get lost in the murky depths of Pinterest)!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I didn’t know you’d written a contemporary. Do you have a blurb for it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Okay, I’ll do that then.
😀 Sometimes I want to recommend my own books to other people (can’t you see what a humble person I am?). Its nice to know that I’m already being promoted though. I’ll have a lot of fans by the time my books come out. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
By the way, have you changed it much from the first draft? I’m just wondering whether I should read the second draft you posted a few days ago. If it isn’t changed much, I’ll leave it and maybe read the next draft, but if you’ve changed it substantially, I’ll have another read.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Awesome! Your dystopian novel?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Whoa! That’s amazing news! Well done! (And it was my pleasure. It was a really cool story to read)
I’m editing. Whatcha working on?
-
Sink replied to the topic Need Alpha Readers! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
Yes, that’s because my sibling *glares and breathes fire at said sibling* took my computer and DELETED PART OF THE CHAPTER. So I had to re-upload it after I already posted everything. Sorry about that. 🙁 And if you see part of chapter four on there as well, know that it is not all the way finished. I uploaded it and then saw a huge plot…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
OK see you! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
That’s the best way to write, isn’t it?
Well, I need to go now! It was nice chatting with you. I’ll probably be around tomorrow, so I might see you then!
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
It’s a novel but how long, I have no idea. I know how it begins, I know how it ends and I have some hazy idea as to what happens in the middle but it’s not definite. I guess you can say I’m writing by faith 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Those bits are good too 🙂 I really need to get onto reading what I have left of your novel.
(wait, it is a full length novel, or a shorter work? I’m curious)
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Oh. I think I have lots of those in my WIP 🙂 but bantering is not really what I’m writing now. This part is a culmination of a lot of things and where some of my plot threads meet so I’ve been looking forward to writing it for a looong while. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, like the sarcasm and annoyingness between siblings or best friends for example. Jane Austen is full of that sort of thing 😀
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Bantering?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy Ah yeah. Those angsty ones can be really hard. I do like the bantering sorts of chapters though, those are super fun 😀
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Haha. For me the problem is that chapter 6 is kind of angsty while chapter 7 is so much more fun. It’s like the dark before the dawn. 😛
- Load More
