@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice 😛 The first one I thought of was Sapphilon, which feels like a floral name, and would go with their theme of floral language. Two simpler ones I thought of were Quire and Querde, but I don’t think those sound quite right. 🙂 Anyway, I’m not an expert shipper, (Oh yes, I’m sure there is such a thing,) just a homeschooled writer w…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Haha 😛
I’m happy to call them Sapphire and Quillon but some people like to squash names together and I’m interested in how I can do it 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice I read your blog post. Apparently you’re trying to think of a ship name for Sapphire and Quillon? 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 @valtmy It’s late, but I’ll be here for a short while. 🙂 Are either of you working?
Jen, I just submitted my comments on your document. I’d made them earlier as I was reading, but didn’t complete them until now just to be sure it was fine with you.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 Cool. 🙂
I’m reading your book today. Do you want comments or am I just reading it for fun? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
All right 😀 Bye! I’ll see you another day 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice I think I’m going to say goodnight now. Sorry it’s a bit earlier than it used to be, but…it is past one o’clock here. 😛
Guess you probably won’t be on tomorrow, and I won’t be on the next day, but see you Monday/Tuesday. Goodnight!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I read Jen’s book while she was writing it but I haven’t read the edited version yet. Its good though. I’ll think you’ll enjoy it 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy Ah, I’ve been having the same problem. For a really long time. 😛 I loved the beginning of my western and now it feels boring.
But I just remembered! I still haven’t read @jenwriter17‘s book! I think I’m going to read that now.
@seekjustice Well, hello again. 🙂 Did you read Jen’s book?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Oh yes, I’m back. I was just reading about contemporary Christian music though and got distracted.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yep. Trying to get myself to write the last few sentences of chapter 6 so I can finally move on to chapters 7 and 8… *sigh*
I feel like the quality of my writing has been declining. Thinking about putting what I just wrote up for beta reading is giving me the shivers.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy Aaand, I just got distracted too. 🙂 Are you still here?
@seekjustice Back yet?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Well, I’ve heard a lot of reasons why Christians shouldn’t listen to it, but I’ve never heard anything like that before.
I’m eating lunch, actually.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Still getting distracted. Which is bad. I’m trying to get as much writing done as possible before I have to start work.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice There have actually been a lot of studies on it, and we have several books on the subject…which I haven’t read… 😛
What are you working on now? Still editing your short stories?
@valtmy Hello! How are you doing?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys. I’ll be on for a while.
Contemporary Christian music is bad for health? That’s… the first I heard of it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Fascinating! I didn’t even know people studied this sort of thing. Unfortunately, my knowledge of music basically extends to “this sounds nice, this doesn’t” so I don’t really understand all about chord progressions and such (I wouldn’t know a particular chord if it bit me). But still, its very interesting.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice @jenwriter17 Since I’m not an expert, I can’t give a real explanation. 😛 But basically he studied the types of chord progressions used in different styles of music, and which ones improved your health and which ones were detrimental to your health. Most people here will agree that rock music is detrimental to your health, I b…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
That’s really interesting! What were the results of his study? (as in, why particularly do you steer clear of Christian contemporary music?) I don’t usually listen to it, for the simple fact that most of it is extremely unoriginal (come on people, we are worshipping and singing about the Creator of the Universe! Endless repetition of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice My brother has a degree in music and has made a study of what types of music effect your brain in different ways, and based on that we don’t listen to contemporary Christian music. 🙂 So when people here talk about all sorts of musical groups and band names I have no idea what anyone’s referring to. 😛 But the music groups that I d…[Read more]
- Load More
