@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Sorry, I went to sleep early last night, so I’m replying now. 🙂
Ah, haha. Now that I put you through all the trouble of explaining I suddenly remembered that SeekJustice put a big backstory scene in with Maria in the second draft. 😛 I think she’s already thought through all those issues and will fix them as she finishes the second d…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
As I have said, I am fine with the sparing of Mathias. The contrived resolution I am speaking of is the resolution to the Caderousse-Chessy conflict which is resolved with Caderousse, much like Javert, letting Chessy go and committing suicide later. In the original Les Mis, this was a fitting and sufficient resolution because of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I do too! Jane Powell, (Milly,) is one of my absolute favorite female singers. Possibly my favorite, but I never can decide… 😛
My favorite song is probably “Bless Yore Beautiful Hide.” (What do you think of Howard Keel’s voice? It’s really deep and cool sounding, isn’t it? Or do you prefer tenors?) But all the songs are amazing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy I have never fully read Les Mis, actually. I’ve skimmed it and read parts of it, and read the synopsis several times, so I know a lot of the story, but I would say I could probably give a pretty near perspective of a reader who hasn’t read Les Mis. 😉 What “contrived resolution” are you referring to? Because you mentioned several th…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Thanks! I’ll read them later. 😀
Oh no, not really. I’ll go check the comments out later if I have the time.
I was not expecting a full blown Valjean-Javert conflict. But Chessy (along with her father) is sort of like Valjean with the unjust hard labour and all that. To me, SeekJustice is writing this from a ‘Valjean’ perspective…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, cool! Yes, that’s the most popular part generally, I believe. Or at least, the most famous part. It’s really well choreographed.
Who is your favorite character? What’s your favorite song?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Oh, and did you read through all our crazy comments at the end of When Infinity is Empty? Some of them are pretty hilarious. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Hi! Sure, you can read my fanfics. 😀 @seekjustice has one too, so you can ask her for that. But I have written two that I’ll post here for you:
Legend of the Re…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey. Just dropping by to let you know that I’ve finished reading both SFI and WIIE. 🙂 I didn’t put in any comments because I know you’re already in the process of editing. I’m not sure what sort of feedback you’re looking for so I’ll just share with you my general thoughts.
Overall I quite like both of them. Retellings are usually…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Ok, I’m falling asleep now. See you tomorrow, and have fun at dance class!
Great! I’m waiting to read it, of course! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Fair enough. I’m just trying to finish off a blog post so I can schedule it for tomorrow, since I’m going to be aware for most of tomorrow.
Editing is pretty good! I’m hoping to finish Part 3 tomorrow 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I won’t be awake much longer than that anyway. 😉
It’s going pretty well. 😀 I’m still having fun, which is good. Since I’m getting sleepy it’s a little slower than it was earlier, but I’m still pretty much on a roll. I hope the “roll” lasts long enough for me to get a good deal done!
How’s your editing?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’ve just arrived but I probably will only be around for half an hour, then I’ve got dancing. How’s your story going now?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Sorry I disappeared! I got called away and haven’t had a chance to get back until now.
@seekjustice Are you around? I finally am sitting down again after a birthday party for my sister, singing for a while with our guests, family worship, and then chatting till now it’s nearly one o’clock. 😀 Lots of fun stuff going on today!! I’m wid…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yep. Still here. Still not-working-on-my-WIP.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Ok, bye!
@valtmy Hi! Are you still here?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
All right, I’ll look out for those ones then 😀
Now, I must go for breakfast. I may see you later though, I’m not sure. 🙂 Bye!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I wanted so badly to focus on just one thing, (my western,) but I guess that didn’t happen. 🙂
I see. Well, I like listening to songs in other languages if I have the translation and like the translation. But since English is easiest for me to sing I prefer to listen to songs which I can learn. I know a few songs in Italian, th…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Ah yes. I’ve done that before. 🙂
True that. It’s always much easier to keep going than to start 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’m having internet trouble, so my post isn’t posting, which is a tad annoying.
Anyway, yes, that’s the great thing about having more than one WIP, which isn’t a thing I really get because I get so fixated on working on one thing at a time, rather than hopping around.
I’m not sure if Mozart usually wrote his own words, but…[Read more]
- Load More
