@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, goodnight! Talk do you soon. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Well, that would have been clever if she could have got it to work. 🙂
Anyway I’m going to go to bed now because *gasp* its 10:15 I’ll talk tomorrow…or the day after or whatever 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, that does make it interesting, and as you say, maddening. 😛 What I honestly thought, was that she would kidnap the other girl or something, and go behind the door herself, because then the law would be applicable to her as well. I guess the probably wouldn’t hold the ceremony without her, though. It just seems like that wo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Well, hopefully I would. 🙂 I like that the leave the ending open to interpretation though, even if its kind of maddening 😛 I’m surprised that she didn’t show him the tiger door and then throw herself in to die with him in some tragic Romeo and Juliet type thing.
Which I’m glad didn’t happen, just so you know.
Okay, I’ll look it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Which would you choose? 😛 It’s actually easy if you realize what true love is, right? I mean, wouldn’t it obviously be better for him to live, even though married to someone else, than die a horrible death? Sounds like she had a pretty selfish love if there was even a consideration of showing him the wrong door. What do you th…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I just love the whole idea of it. I’m currently reading the plot of the original short story 😛
Its funny because the sermon we were watching as I read the synopsis was about relationships between men and women, particularly dating, so it was very applicable 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Hm, I seem to recognize the name. I think I may have heard of him before. I’ll have to look him up.
And you should definitely look up Paul Washer. He’s amazing, and very passionate.
Ah, haha! I was thinking that would be the one you would like. 😛 I’m not sure which one I like best. I just watched on YouTube the American Playh…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
No I haven’t heard of him, this speaker is Louie Giglio from Passion Church in Atlanta. Have you heard of him?
I’m just looking at the synopsis. It looks pretty cool, especially the second story so far.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Cool! Who’s the speaker? My favorite is Paul Washer, but though he’s famous among us U.S. homeschoolers, I don’t think you’ve heard of him. 😛
Aaand, I probably haven’t heard of your speaker either, but…tell me anyway? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Hey, are you still awake? I’m here now. 🙂
The soundtrack I was listening to was from a musical called The Apple Tree. Ever heard of it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Never mind 🙂 People often point out my own misinterpretations of my own writing. At least you can be excused for mixing up minor details 😛
Well, originally he was there to get around the plot hole in Les Mis–the fact that no one recognised Javert until it was convenient, even though there were three people at least who should have…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oh. I must have been dozing off when I read that part 😂
But my suggestions for Mathias are the same. Figure out what his motivations are, maybe think about how his relationship with his superior officer Caderousse and his fellow soldiers are etc. So far to me Mathias feels rather unnecessary. He seems to be there just to show that…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
That’s good! I hope things make more sense in the second draft.
Well…that wasn’t Mathias who let them go. That was one of the wharf men.
Observe (that word makes me feel smart, you see):
Instead I met the eyes of a bearded man who looked even more startled than I did. His mouth was open, and he was staring down at Rain and I…
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey. Great to know that they are going to be fixed! I’m really looking forward to reading your second draft now! 😊
For Mathias, I guess you can start by thinking up of a believable motivation for him much like Caderousse. Why is he serving in an immoral legal system? Why did he let Chessy and Rain go instead of reporting them to C…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, wow!! Please send it over! I don’t know how much I’ll read tonight, since I’ve got to get up around 5:30 tomorrow, but I might read it tomorrow in the car or something. (My dad’s speaking at a church a few hours away, so we’ve got to leave by 6:30.)
I listened to a new soundtrack today… 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Sorry for the late reply, I was out all day yesterday and have only just got back from church now.
Basically, I fixed most of the things you pointed out Valtmy, in the second draft and I fixed it quite simply. Unfortunately though, I don’t know what to do with character of Mathias. :/
I agree with pretty much everything you…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
OK it’s good that that’s going to be fixed in the next draft. 😀
I read your fanfics! They are really sweet and cute! 😊
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I love Gideon too!! He’s adorable. So cute, especially when he…uh…every scene… 😛 But I love it when he dances with Milly in the “Goin’ Courtin'” scene. And when he says “nice night for coon huntin'” as a “sweet thing.” 😛 (that was him, right? It’s been a while.)
That actor is one of my favorite actors as well. Funny…[Read more]
- Load More
