@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy's profile was updated 8 years, 11 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@cloudy *emerges from battle with procrastination* I SURVIVED!!! 😀 Nice pics!! I love the one for “fat.” Reminds me of my cat, Dixie, AKA The Pillow Cat. XD I also like the one for “furious.”
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd Lovely! 😀 I like the white wolf.
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jessi-rae Yeah, it’s pretty well-written! I like the tone. I think you’d enjoy reading the Wingfeather Saga too if you like the Door Within. It’s an amazing four-book series by Andrew Peterson. It has more or less the same theme as the Door Within, but different. 🙂
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel Yep! That’s the one!
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@graciegirl I know! lol I wrote about it on “Favorite book” and then I saw this haha. The trailer looked AWESOME. I can’t stop watching it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@graciegirl Did you hear the Disney is making a new movie based on Wrinkle in Time? Based on the trailer, it looked interesting.
I didn’t know Peter Pan was a book! lol -
Gracie replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel I see. 😀 That’s so cool you can watch em whenever!
Aso, I forgot to mention in my post over in “Favorite Book?”, but did you see they are making another Wrinkle in Time movie?!? I’m so excited! -
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Didn’t Jane Austen write Pride and Prejudice, or is that a different one?
@jessi-rae I think I might have read part of the first book from the Door Within! Doesn’t it involve a boy (I think his name was Aidan) who find three vases in his basement and then goes on an adventure with a dragon? With a king he read about in…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel Oooh! I loved A Wrinkle in Time too! It was one of the first books I read all in one day so it’s a bit special to me. XD
My all-time faves are:
The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
^^^ These three are definitely my absolute faves but…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Salome01w4g Mind if I jump in? I have a poem to edit. 🙂
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I love so many books…
Pretty much anything Ted Dekker
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Tales of Goldstone Wood
The Codebearers Series
The Door Within Trilogy
The Cooper Kids Adventure Series
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
The Count of Monte Cristo (I haven’t actually finished it yet, but it’s writing style and the story are putting it on my list of favorites.…[Read more] -
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd That’s so pretty! All calm, elegant, and majestic. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel ooh, Night! That is one powerful little book.
For myself… Les Miserables, The Lord of the Rings, Fahrenheit 451, A Tale of Two Cities, The Count of Monte Cristo, A Christmas Carol, Lord of the Flies, the Mistborn Trilogy, The Roman-Britain Trilogy, The Red Keep… and the list goes on. 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
So apparently I really need to read Harry Potter. Haven’t read it or seen it. Might as well put it on my reading list. 🙂
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m sort of the same way – I have read a couple Doctor Who books that are based off of the episodes, and I used to love them. But, they aren’t as good as the actual show. Sorta like LOTR only the other…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Zikers, I have a love/hate relationship with questions like these. Um, okay. Here goes.
I have favorite book series, and then I have favorite books within that series.
–Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief (book one, series one) and the Son of Neptune (book two, series two)
–Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire and The Deathly Hallows. I also…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I don’t think there is a forum like this in here! Either that or I just haven’t looked thoroughly enough. That’s totally possible. 🙂
Anyway, what is/are your favorite book(s)?
Mine are:
All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot
The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson (a series of four)
Night by Elie Wiesel
Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Ah! All my friends say Les Mis is too long! I’m glad I found someone who likes it! I’m only halfway through the book, but I really like it so far!
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g I agree with @emily – George Speare is great. I like her book The Bronze Bow.
I would also highly recommend James Herriot (I know you’ve read them, but anyone else who hasn’t should check him out!), Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, and Night by Elie Wiesel. -
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys! *waves* I’m going to take another hiatus. I’ll be back within a week or so…
Don’t do anything exciting without me.
@emily @daeus @kate-flournoy @catwing @epicaddie2 @graciegirl @ethryndal @ingridrd @salome01w4g @anyoneelse 😀-
We’ll try to keep the excitement to a minimum…see you soon!
-
*plans all the exciting stuff to happen while @dragon-snapper ‘s away*
-
Hehee, *suddenly gets inspiration to finish next 50 chapters of each of my WIP* Enjoy *innocent grin*…… 😉 😛 😀
-
@emily @salome01w4g @ethryndal You guys are making it really hard to take a hiatus… 😛
-
It’s our evil masterplan, Snapper. We don’t like being without you.
-
-
-
- Load More
