@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *chokes* The dragonses…
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus That sounds really cool! It also sounds like something I’d write (only I’d do first or third person – probably first – just because that’s my writing preference)… 🙂
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@northerner Yes! I was thinking stepladder, but that’s close enough to stairs! XD
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@princessfoo Hey, yeah. I never thought about that. Good for the Lunar Chronicles, breaking the stereotype.
@northerner I would read that. -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@supermonkey42 Now that we’ve got that out of the way, hello! Glad you could join us on these crazy forums! XD That’s super cool, speaking a Star Wars language. So, what do you think of the new trailers for The Last Jedi? I’m reeeealy excited!!! What’s your novel about?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@supermonkey42 WELCOME TO THE BESTIEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
Dome? Really? My internal spell checker and I need to have a talk. XD
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Hmmm. I’m intrigued. 😀 But, I seriously have no idea how that would work. I’d encourage you to give it a shot, write a snippet from it, and see if it works. (If you haven’t dome that already.) As for the POV character being the criminal, it depends what the crime was. I think I’d be disturbed if I found out “I” murdered someone, or…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic SoOoO.. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ck4always ‘Ello there and welcome back! Our corner of the internet has been as weird as ever. 😉 So, are you doing NaNoWriMo?
-
Ben Powell started the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi! My name’s Ben. I’ve been using the KP site for a while now but haven’t done much on the forum. In case you were wondering, the phrase in the title is Mando’a (the language of the Mandalorian culture in Star Wars.) If you couldn’t tell from that and my profile picture, I am a huge Star Wars fan (probably too huge.)
I’ve been writing for two or…[Read more] -
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
I’ve been doing it on Aetherlight. We have this thing called “Your Life Through The Eyes Of Others” or some such. You make a little story with a theme (it’s in 2nd person), like Dystopian or Public School Kid. Then you make a poll, and the votes dictate what will happen in the next installment. Mine is called Strider’s Adventures.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Thank you, @catwing! I shall now try it…
The Book on Google DocsIs this what you meant? Oh well…
And on that note, I leave the fair Kingdom of Pen, and the Kingdom of LEifer, so that I may sleep and somehow still get up at 5:45. *groan* *not a morning person*GOOD NIGHT, EVERYONE!!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily I’m not really worried about 2nd person being too hard. My main question is whether it would be too weird for someone to read a mystery only to find out that they are the criminal. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
@Catwing aha! Thank you. Much in your debt. 🙂
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
I would love this! I would even attempt it myself, except, you know, NaNoWriMo.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus It sounds really interesting. The only experience I have with second-person is Choose Your Own Adventure stories.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing oookayyyy… XD No idea what you just did, but thank you just the same.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus I really like it, I don’t think it necessarily needs anything else. But if you really want something, the thing that comes to mind when you something ominous is (having read some of your story) the image of the goddess the main character keeps thinking of. Though I’m not sure where, or if it would be too in-your-face if you did that.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Kapeefer Poem in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
*dies by choking on own spit while laughing and falling off chair*
*is rushed to the “Lack of Oxygen from Awesome and/or Hysterical Laughter” section of the Aethasian Hospital* (yes that is a real thing)
*comes back and does it again*@northerner Yes, I believe I pointed that out in the first page of Daniel’s first topic.
-
Ben Powell changed their profile picture 8 years, 11 months ago
- Load More
