@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus You’re probably crazy, but knowing your capabilities, I’ve got full confidence that you can do it.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd That sounds like something Apollo would say. Is it from Trials of Apollo?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Scott Gustafson in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy WOW. That’s amazing stuff!!!!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@Lady-iliara WELCOME! I’m an ENFJ too, dominantly at least. With some strong ISFJ tendencies. Have fun reading through all the old topics. I’m sure you won’t get bored. 😀
@Shannon @daeus @kate-flournoy I know we have at least one more ENTP, @bethanysinkyroses. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy started the topic Scott Gustafson in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey people.
Have any of you ever heard of or seen the work of artist Scott Gustafson? He does a lot of fairy-tale/fantasy/fables art, and it is AMAZING. His art looks so real, but at the same time has an extremely cute, bookish quality to it. Considering we have a few artists, and fantasy and fairy-tale lovers here, I thought you might want to…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
I’m on a hiatus yes…but I just had to say it– @perfectfifths It’s from Sumo of the Opera, Veggietales-the Potato said it.
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago
@Winter-Rose Just so you know, almost every time I do the ‘I am a funny bunny yes I am, I am a funny bunny my name is Sam’ ditty to my baby sister with one of her toys, I think of your unfortunate hero.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal They already said it all. 😛 Most of the stuff I think of are the fairy-things/kind old-wise-sage-wizard-godmother people that always help out, and the amazing wonderfulness that always happens to the poor abused heroine eventually, just because she’s so wonderful, not because she worked for it or anything, and talking animals and…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*stands up* *raises sword* *screams battle cry* AYE!!! This is my first year. My book is called The Disbelievable Tales of Odds and Ends. I’ve been working on it for a while, but this is what it took to get me to actually write it. 😉 It’s steampunk, with fantasy elements. (Elves! Dwarves! DRAGONS!!!!) I don’t know what the eventual length will…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Aye! I’m doing NaNo for the second time (first time last year).
I have a few ideas for stories/series to work on during the month – a sci-fi, a super hero, and two that would be classified as fantasy. None of them currently have a proper title. My main one atm is the super hero story.I have no idea what their estimated lengths are. They’ll be…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel Kicking myself because I can’t find the book I had written haikus in and can’t remember them
I love Haikus. They’re so fun! The last one is hilarious! 😀
Bonus points to anyone who knows where the following one is from:
Oooh, my aching back
Might as well call workman’s comp
It’s thrown out again.I also love limericks. 😀
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Kicking myself because I can’t find the book I had written haikus in and can’t remember them
I love Haikus. They’re so fun! The last one is hilarious! 😀
Bonus points to anyone who knows where the following one is from:
Oooh, my aching back
Might as well call workman’s comp
It’s thrown out again.I also love limericks. 😀
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
I’ve never really written haikus outside of what was required for my writing class last semester…I had to submit a few for peer review and I got an A on that assignment, so I guess that’s good?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@theacornman Well, I don’t own Battlefront or know anyone who does, but from what I’ve seen I would be a huge Battlefront fan if I was willing to fork up the cash for it. 🙂
@emily-d My favorite Narnia book is definitely The Silver Chair. Of the current movies I agree with you on VOTDT, but I didn’t know they were making Silver Chair into a movie…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
You all will like this one. 😉
Cream of cow enchanted
Snowy ball made in realms above
Ice cream of joy!(This is a 6,8,4 haiku)
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose I’m not doing NaNo either (it comes at a bad time because November is a super busy month for me—it’s when I’m finishing up all my Christmas cards and paintings). However, Aberdeen is tackling NaNo and is ready to devour everyone’s books as soon as they write them. 😉
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily-d No, I’ve never read any of Chuck Black’s books (I’m not much into fantasy). And like @salome01w4g and @perfectfifths, I’ve never heard of Sigmund Brouwer. What kind of stuff does Sigmund write? 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily-d Hey, Emily. Yes, we have audio dramas of the Kingdom series, so we’ve listened to three or four of those. I’d like to read Chuck Black’s books. I don’t think I’ve heard of Sigmund Brouwer. What has he written?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@daughteroftheking Well, I just saved the life of my sister’s favorite character in my novel, much to her relief. 🙂 Yeah, I really like the original Sherlock Holmes. I’ve never read any Holmes stories that weren’t by Conan Doyle. Are they any good?
And now I will DEFINITELY read the Wingfeather Saga. -
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-Iliara Same here. For both of them. 😀
- Load More

@Winter-Rose Which is a good thing, btw. ;P Poor Sam.
Totally OK, I just wanted to make sure the notification went through. 😉
Funny what crazy associations our brains make. XD