@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago
@jess-penrose @lady-iliara @catwing
Hi, I’m currently working on a mini-course on the topic of show don’t tell. I have four lessons with homework for each lesson and it’s all complete and ready to go. Before I release it though, I was hoping to get a last set of eyeballs on it. I just want to make sure everything flows smoothly and is easy to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus yay!!!! *jumps around in excitement* Everything’s so much easier now!! Yay!!!
Also, I’m loving the fact that every time @dragon-snapper says something, a chair melts. It’s out of control!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
Look at that!! My experiment worked!! Now everyone who comes on this page has to look at my cat!! *doubles over in hysterical evil laughter* There has got to be a way to use this to take over the world. *gasp* Look at the fancy indent thing! I can see the indent before I post!! Indents!! And bolds!! And bold indents!!!!! *is speechless with joy*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Ooh… *stares at shiny* I like new shiny… must play with new shiny!!! Let’s post a picture, shall we??
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
Don’t worry! My advice is a bit different… I just look over what I have planned when I am stuck, and move onto a different scene. Or have a word war. Both speed up the process. But make sure you are having fun writing it! -
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Ack, no, you are not. *sighs* I shall war with myself. Anyone interested in joining, I am writing to catch up with @jane-maree while she’s not around. Mwahahaha.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Eeeep! I am here now! I am indeed writing, were you still after a Word War?
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose Oooh… So cool! 🙂
@kate-flournoy Nice! Not to copy @catwing, but that’s a great quote!
-
Snapper replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
Ack! What happened?
-
Josiah DeGraaf's profile was updated 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing I’ll join you! My NaNo story has reached 2,000 words (today’s minimum goal), but I’d like to get a few more if I can.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
Okay Imma test out this new image uploader. Testing… testing…

It worked! *cheers*
This one is for the general favorite character in my WiP. His name is Denholm.
@Daeus @That_writer_Girl_99 @Ethryndal @Dragon-Snapper @Winter-Rose
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
(As a clarification, current forum members can stay on till they’re 30; we won’t accept new members when they’re over 25, but we’ll grandfather current members into the forum until they hit 30, at which point we’ll figure an alumni board out or something). 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic New things in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara XD That’s a great picture! I suppose I DO need to read that book…
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
And I also saw
Only four syllables in
Six syllables
But, @catwing, I wish
That we quarrel no longer.
It’s a silly fight!
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Ohh, I have a prayer request! My Dad has been out of a steady, full-time job for… almost two years. He still has a couple “pop-up” jobs, and Mom has taken up a part-time job. We have been financially shaky for a long time. So, you know, pray that Dad finds a job, or at least that we find some more money. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@theacornman Whoa. I’ll definitely be praying. It is an amazing opportunity.
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Well it seems, @catwing,
Either one of us is wrong,
Or we’re just different
I guess that makes sense;
You’re a flying cat, and I’m
A fox-like creature
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose That’s awesome! I love it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Oh, hello @catwing!
By the way, I must point out:
Syllables are wrong
Five syllables first
Then comes seven syllables
Then five once again.
Friendly reminder
From your fellow creature friend
Happy haikuing!
😉
- Load More

This sounds cool! I would love to do that! 👍🏻
Awesome!
Tell you what. Just contact me here (http://www.thescratchingquill.com/contact/) and then I’ll go ahead and give you access to the docs.
Whoops! I think I sent it twice. Sorry.
Great. I’ll go ahead and send you the links.
Would it be possible for me to send comments about the lessons in an email? Or would it be simpler for me to just get the Google Docs app?
An email is fine by me, though google docs is a seriously sweet tool so you should sign up for it anyway. 😛
*covers eyes* Eeek! No! I wish to kept my set of eyeballs! *silence* *cricket chirps* *eats cricket* Oh, that’s not what you meant is it… *flips through the new catwing ambassador handbook* It’s just an expression. I’m NaNoing… *looks at her paw where a watch should be* Yeah, I got time. *nods* Yep, I can help. I need to work on showing…[Read more]
Now the cat face looks like it’s laughing… It looked excited before…