@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic School Name? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus oooh, I really like the idea behind Excelsior, but most people are probably just going to go… ‘huh? Sounds like some weird Latin elitist club or something… *yawns**scrolls past*’
So… maybe something slightly less high and lofty and a little more down-to-earth. (Can’t believe I just said that.) I can’t think of anything right off the…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic School Name? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi Friends,
I need to come up with a name for a writing school to host my courses under.
I’ve come up with Excelsior Writing School. What do you think? I like it, but I’m not committed to it.
If you have any other suggestions, I’m open to them. 🙂
@kate-flournoy @jess-penrose @catwing @lady-iliara @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @shannon…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Problem in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@joy Both of those ideas are really solid, its hard for me to say which one I think would be better
I agree, you should write whichever one you like more- but I know with me, most of the time I’m not sure which route to go when I have a decision to make about the story
I would probably go with the second one, though, if I thought about it for…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Gospel-related themes in our writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 10 months ago
@gh24682468999 Love this topic.
First of all, I’m a bit on the bolder side of this issue. While I don’t claim to write specifically for a Christian audience, I still think it’s totally possible to share the gospel in your story in an artistic way that, if it offends people, will only do so because of the message, not because of the forum it is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Searching for Topics in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42Â @silverclaw-bonnetfolly Unfortunately, I don’t think we have any way to do that at the moment. I can bring it up in the staff group page though and see if it can be remedied.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Yay @joy  !
That’s really good, and even if you don’t feel like celebrating, you made an achievement! Yay! *thumbs up*
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Okay, does anyone know why my tags are not working?
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmmm… Well, @emily and all of you others, an Aussie from the other side of the world has turned up and is writing… but I sense you have all gone to bed. *glances at the sun that is still suspiciously high in the sky and shrugs* Oh well.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
EEEEEEEP! *jumps up and down excitedly* I DID IT! *Grins happily* I finally got to 50k and I still have more to write!
Good luck to all of you! It is possible!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Ah, see I wouldn’t have known that, because I’ve never seen it.
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Haha Vector is my favorite Despicable Me character! No, it’s not him.
*Sigh* Fine, it’s Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Shannon YES. We need a secret handshake!! *does mysterious handshake thing*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily @waterlily It’s kinda lonely being in a Writer’s Corner all by oneself
I think I might sign off
So… signing off, empty cyberspace
*Loud dragon snore from Stan*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*Evil cackle*
@emily @waterlily I’m still here
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Well, the only character I know of that’s called Victor is the guy from Despicable Me, but he called himself Vector, so I know it’s not him. 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Aww, sorry! How bout a cameo appearence, then? (You don’t have to fill in the form thing)
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Aww, never seen Moana!
@perfectfifths  Keep guessing!!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Bye, and thanks. And have fun yourself. And goodnight
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily 😀 Hah I guess I’m not alone then
@waterlily *gasps* I forgot to tell you who Stan was? I’m always talking about him. My apologies
Stan is a dragon hatchling I rescued at birth. He was thrown out of nest for being too small and scrawny. So now he’s my best friend.
- Load More
