@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
Well, I’d respond to this, but @dekreel already did and nailed it. I’m struggling with this in my WIP, but I’m not quite to writing yet, so I don’t think I need to worry about it?
-
Daeus replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily This is a tough question, but I’ll try to be as helpful as I can.
Obviously, you want to write the best story possible, and if first person works better for you, that’s a good sign first person might be the best choice.
However, I would offer some balancing points. Sometimes writing in a tough POV can be incredibly helpful. I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily @dekreel and @sam-kowal have some good advice. There’s also more than one way to do a third person pov. There’s omniscient point of view, as if the author is God who can see and know everything, hear and read everyone’s minds. That can be confusing to read if it’s not written well. An author who pulls it off successfully would be John…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal LOL Ok Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you!  Bye, Stan!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel 😀 a GREAT one. *immediately starts looking on Amazon for a dragon-proof drumset*
@waterlily @dekreel I’m signing off now. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with your projects 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmm
I struggle with the same thing sometimes. I can’t decide whether to write in 1st or 3rd limited.
Before today’s books, most stories were in 3rd person omniscient, so you could kind of see the story from every character’s point of view. And now, especially for popular YA, 1st person is king.
Of course, the only thing…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal Alright, I won’t invite him lol. (DUCK!!) Although he’d make a great percussionist, for what it’s worth! Am I mistaken?
@waterlily Cya later! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@destiny I have never been to Aethasia (or played the game). Is Bootleg Pass a peninsula? So No Man’s Landing is in the Pass?
I used a very very very cheap computer program called KolourPaint.
@catwing is traveling in the Writer’s (@inkling-for-christ ‘s) TARDIS along with @emily. (In case you don’t know, a TARDIS is basically a s…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel *jaw drops*
Those are some EPIC maps. Especially with all the topography legend and details
I don’t know that much about the worlds you’ve created, so I can’t be sure if there are any inconsistencies. But, awesome job. ;D
-
Joy replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily Hmmm… Good question. Is this for the sci-fi NaNo you were talking about? 🙂
If you do first person, then you can basically get a full-on view of what the character is thinking. So you’re more inside his/her head, seeing what (s)he is seeing, feeling what (s)he is feeling. But that also means that the movement of the reader is…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily Okay 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Well, personally I wouldn’t recommend them at your next choir practice– OW!
(Stan just lashed his tail at me for saying that)
But… I guess they do have add a nice deep growling effect if you want the song to have a little aggression… so we were like
“WE’RE SO THANKFUUUUULLL”
in a really forceful way
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
😀 That’s really neat! They are almost exactly the same, I guess that’s because most photographers need the standard lenses the most. I mean, If you ONLY had a 75-300 it’d be kinda hard to get a nice close up, but they’re essential for the long zoom.
Yeah, lenses are not cheap by any means. My brother’s been trying to find them…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal LOL What do singing dragons sound like??
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Its been great 😀
Stan feasted, and I tried to write while making pies. And we both sang a song about the things were thankful for (trust me, we weren’t in tune),
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
@princessfoo Are you a fan of Harry Potter? I saw in the KPA forum that your character can do magic and wears flowy robes. So… was/is your character a Hogwarts student? Which house?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily A WIP “identity crisis” sounds very unnerving! What is the story about, if I may ask?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily Ohhhh I hate that!!
So what are y’all writing? I’m still making plans for my KPA. Just finished mapping out where everything is (literally), and now I’m trying to find a name for my villain.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Also I need a name for my Writer’s Block villain. Something related to writer’s block, but, y’know, not totally obvious. Any ideas?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily I love it when I see family that I haven’t see in a long time! 😀
Mine has been okay. I went to my friend’s grandparents’ house. Ate three bites of turkey XDÂ So now I’m hungry again lol
- Load More

I LOVE Harry Potter, though I hadn’t been thinking she was a Hogwarts student. If you want her to be, that’s fine. In that case, probably Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. More likely Ravenclaw. Also, I saw your maps. They look great!
Thanks! Alright, she’s a graduate student of Hogwarts: house of Ravenclaw! (Also – and this is a secret – she is the main character! 😉 )
Gasp! Really? I am so glad. *beams.*