@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I’ll try to answer some of those questions…!
1. Honestly I have no idea, I haven’t gone to the Snowmoors yet in the game.
2. I don’t know that either… haha… I’m being very helpful!
3. Engine Bay is basically a beach. I’ll try to get in-game pictures of the place to give you a feel. It’s not a town or anything, it’s just a beach…[Read more]
-
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic Writing a Fight Scene in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@seekjustice I never thought of it that way. I guess I am! Thank you so much for your help! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@lady-iliara Ohh… Aethasia is smaller than I thought. Thanks so much for the map! It’s very, very helpful!
So is the Snowmoors a mountain range or is it just an area with lots of ice? Or something else? Is there anything west of the Snowmoors? And how big is the Engine Bay? What’s that mountain next to Evercity? And where is Bootleg…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@lady-iliara Re-reading your quote, I remember that now from the book. 🙂 Eagle of the NInth is one of my favourites too. 😀
@shannon Oh, is it Princess Bride? Fezzik to the Man in Black? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Am I even allowed to guess? XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@lady-iliara *smacks forehead* of course! Eagle of the Ninth is one of my favoueitr books. How did I not get that?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing a Fight Scene in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@0-0enyali0-0 you might not have ever been in a battle before, but you’ve been scared before, haven’t you? You have probably been in a situation that made you tense and anxious. Fear is fear, no matter what causes it, and you’ve felt fear, so you’re just as qualified to write about it as anyone else. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Happy Turkey Day! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper *dashes in, late to the party, as usual* This, my friend, is why you’re my friend. That was beautiful.

Happy late Thanksgiving y’all, and may we never forget to rejoice in God for the blessings he has given us.
-
Joy and
0-0Enyali0-0 are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic Writing a Fight Scene in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Hm, it’s a bit long. I’ll try to see if I can cut a couple parts out of it later….
@seekjustice Mm. I agree. It’s kinda hard though because throughout the battle I don’t just focus on one character, it’s more like I keep switching to different people throughout it. Plus, the “main” character that I focus mostly on is kinda an awkward…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Sounds like the Hobbit. Just a guess 😊
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 10 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Apologies that I’m just now getting around to this. Glad you’re learning a lot from these lessons. 😀 I like the fact that you’re weaving in a difficult choice for the protagonist into the end of the Venn diagram there. I wonder if you could also include a scene before her character arc which foreshadows that sacrifice scene–but…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Discussion for Video Six: Positive Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Apologies for taking so long to respond to this. I love that story. Aravis’ character arc is probably my favorite in that story, and it’s excellent!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
So, this is a new one…
”It’s on him.”
*walks out the door*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Oh yeah. *facepalm* Thanks.
@dragon-snapper See above. 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily Hmm
Probably not any that would be super helpful, but I guess, A) experiment with writing in 3rd and play around with what you like, don’t worry about having to revise stuff if you don’t like it, B), get to know your character really well and develop their personality so that you can write him/her easily and not wonder “What should…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths I believe you mean @dragon-snapper lol 😉
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing @daughteroftheking @lady-iliara @daeus @inkling-for-christ @sam-kowal @any-harry-potter-fans
I have just officially read Harry Potter for the first time!! I read the first book, “The Sorcerer’s Stone,” and it was very good! Not quite as widespread or diverse as the Wingfeather Saga, but still an excellent read! I liked it a lot. I…[Read more]-
😀 😀 AWESOME
Yeah, I really like Harry Potter. I read the first book when I was around seven so its been with me for awhile
The first book is really good, and it gets better as you go on. The whole series kind of changes, actually, by book 7 its a lot deeper, going along with how Harry gets older😀 😀 What was your favorite part of the book? Or…[Read more]
-
HAHA How did Fluffy and Stan become friends?? So you know Hagrid?
My favorite character issssssss…. probably Harry lol. But I really like Ron and his brothers, too. I like it when Harry is on his broom, like when he’s playing… Quiderrich? Is that what it is? Quidditch? Something like that.
What’s your favorite part?-
Long story… Fluffy wasn’t always under Hagrids care, and Stan met him at an underground magical creatures market… and they became really good friends. It involved lots of raspberries, Stan plugging up Fluffy’s ear so his captors couldn’t lull him to sleep, and eventually they both escaped.
Yeah, Harry’s my favorite too. I do like Hermione…[Read more]
-
-
-
Glad you liked it! I’ve never read it myself, but I believe @princessfoo knows a thing or two about it. 😉
-
I LOVE Harry Potter!
-
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Oh! Oh! Is it Riley from National Treasure?
- Load More
