@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Woah, yeah, it is so close to finished… Wow.
And all is well over here! Word goal reached and I’m part way through the recovery process.
Random Snippet…
Rushed footsteps pound down outside the door. Closer. Closer. My breath hitches in my chest and I mentally snuff out the flames. They vanish. Caeden glances up at the door. Who is it?…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I have selected three main characters for the KPA!
Presenting…
@princessfoo, @sam-kowal and Stan!!

Sorry to both of you for any inconsistensies in this drawing. 🙂
All the rest of you will be supporting characters, all in an army, like Bilbo and the dwarves! I will do my best to make all your characters as big…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy *dies* This is great. I’ve been waiting for your very thorough say so, and child, let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint.
Considering I’m not trying to market my synopsis yet, I think I’m just going to go with the first, slightly longer one (with your suggestions applied, of course, because I like them), and deal with the length…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks @lady-iliara, @0-0enyali0-0 and @destiny!
@epicaddie2 @princessfoo Anyway I could improve my Araluen? Landmarks? Climate? Size? Cities?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@seekjustice @that_writer_girl_99 @winter-rose @daughteroftheking Anyone around? I’m making more plans for my KPA
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly You like the Cooper Kids Adventure series too? That’s so awesome! *high fives you* I don’t know many people who like them, or who’ve even heard of them. Maybe fans of the Cooper Kids Adventure series need to unite and take over the world… *coughs* Or at least unite, anyway. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago


A few concept art drawings for my WIP.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Three more days of NaNoWriMo.
The final battle begins.
*delivers brilliant monologue while staring into the sunset*
What’s up, fellow Wrimos? (NaNoers?)
@winter-rose @joy @jess-penrose @catwing @seekjustice @jane-maree @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @aislinn-mollisong @sarah-anson @kballen @is-that-everyone? @I-hope-so-I’m-out-of-tags -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel HMM
I have a lot of books I really like 😀
Lord of the Rings, of course, is one of my favorite ever
The Harry Potter series (book 7’s my favorite)
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Ashtown Burials series by N.D. Wilson (Empire of Bones is really great)
The Reckoners series by Brandon…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Right here.
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
(For the day. Not the whole month. But still, YAAAAAAY!!)
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Singing off. But, I have an important announcement: I ACTUALLY GOT TO MY WORD GOAL!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!
*happy dance*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Oh, definitely check them out! It’s one of my favourites, especially the third book, Samara’s Peril. It’s definitely for young adults, but it is a great story, and the characters are wonderful.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths @winter-rose *bursts in* Hellooo!
Yeah, my story is an epic ballad now. Also, if my brother had his way, I would be down one character. Yessss… he has some writer in him. I can tell by the way he encourages me to kill off characters. *evil smirk*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Ah well…when King @daeus banished me and then let me back in as a knight, I decided not to plunder gold anymore. Ice cream was enough for me. 😀
And now I must depart, but I wrote 1208. Have fun with your unicorn! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
😀 I sleep very nicely actually. Thanks to the soft bed that my characters don’t have. 😀
Yes, precious. *gollum gollum* It’s very nice, very nice. *gollum*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose XD Yeah, that’s one good use for them. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Ooh. Mechanical unicorns. That does sound cool!
Then I must not be a writer.
I keep the soft beds and chocolate for myself. Selfish, I know.
The story is called Regulation so far. I’ll see if it changes, but that’s that as of now. It’s a futuristic utopia.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Is it the aspect of magic that a lot of fantasy has? Because I know some Christians do have problems with that. I personally think magic is pretty cool, but it also depends what it entails, how dark it is, and who uses it and how.
But if you’re looking for fantasy to read that doesn’t have magic (or only the baddies use it) then C. S.…[Read more]
- Load More
