@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Oh hey! @dragon-snapper
Yes, I am still here and unfortunately staring at a remarkably blank page. *sighs*
-
Joy replied to the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
Okayyy, that was a bit long and complicated…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose You still there?
-
Joy replied to the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42Â It can be confusing if the story isn’t written with good transisions in between 1st and 3rd person. Since the story is mainly in 1st person, I think it should be based upon what the character knows.
When you have a section that’s in 3rd person, you could have the character say, “While I was doing this or while I was at that place…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 I don’t think it would be too confusing as long as the MC doesn’t know what other characters are thinking because…that would be creepy.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
See ya @emily!
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Strange indeed…Â @daughteroftheking. Does this mean that if there were twins, one in Australia and one in America, the Aussie is older??? *Cue mind exploding into little bits* Time travel makes much more sense in books…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose Ooo… strange… *puts on time traveler goggles*
-
Ben Powell started the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, people. So… In my current WIP I have one main character who is supposed to be “telling the story” (it starts out with an introduction of him talking about his and his father’s lives, and the rest of the book is him telling that story), so the parts that the MC is in are written in 1st person, while the parts of the story without him are…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Thankee.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Oh wow. Yeah, you so are! It’s the 29th here, and the 28th there… woah. Okay. That seems weird. @daughteroftheking
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose Yeah, I know that feeling. xD I’m in the western USA, so I always feel like I’m in the past. I’m a time traveler. 😀
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey all! I am writing if you guys are still around! @daughteroftheking @emily
*Squints* Woah. Time differences are weird…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily *wanders in* Heyo! Looks like I’m going to be here for the whole afternoon. What are you doing? 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Yeah, I’m excited to announce it. 🙂 Wel, I’m going to sign off from here, but I’ll still be around the kingdom 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @sam-kowal! Oh, and sorry about your furniture XDÂ Ever considered making an allowance just for furniture for times like these?
WHOA, Stan, what a fire! I think it is a record!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel YESS
Stan is so thrilled that’s he’s, like, tearing the furniture in my house apart–STAN, THAT WAS MY BED YOU–oh never mind
The drawing is AWESOME by the way 😀 😀 😀
It’s the awesomeestist portrait of Stan and I that’s ever been conceived ;D
It really looks like Stan, too
I can’t wait to see us in the story 😀
Thanks and epic job…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Okay. I have officially chosen the main characters… So yeah, very productive XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Hello! Yes, I’m still here
-
Daeus replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal Just thought I should add that How To Write A Sizzling Synopsis is a helpful book for writing a synopsis. You’ve probably heard me say that before, but what can I say.
- Load More
