@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@mariposa I wrote a Christmas poem once! Even tried to submit it here, but it wasn’t clear enough and it was kind of dark. It’s called “My Arms Branch Out Wide.”
I also like homemade cards! Usually they involve folding a piece of paper in half LOL. I’m not artsy when it comes to paper and 3D stuff 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dekreel Sweet. 😀 😀 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, but do you do that after having fainted in the throne room and had a terrible dream? XD
Why would I kill you?? Or do you mean in the KPA? All right, I won’t! 😉
-
Mariposa Aristeo started the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
Merry Christmas, Kapeefers!
Are you enjoying the holidays? Christmas is my favorite time of year, and, as a result, my room is buried in cheery art from July to December. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always made homemade cards—sometimes sketches, other times cut-outs of bells, snowmen, or trees, and it wouldn’t take long for my carpet to c…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dekreel ooh, that’s an unusually flattering representation of me waking up. It usually involves rolling over at least five times and eventually tumbling off the bed tangled in my fleecy blanket (with static hair flying all over the place) and then crawling my way still half asleep to my closet while splitting my ears with yawning and trying not…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper congratulations on branching out. 😉
They’ve covered a lot… the only thing new I have to add is pretty small. You mentioned that you’re tired of writing snarky characters and want to try something different, but had no idea how to go about it…
Why do you like snarky characters in the first place? Is it because they come easy…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @kina-lamb! I don’t know if this is much help, but this is something that I like to do sometimes:
One thing that you could do is organize the overall plot like this:
- Exposition
- Conflict
- Rise of conflict 1
- Rise of conflict 2
- Rise of conflict 3Â Â Â etc…
- Climax
- Denoument
I don’t know if that would help with the kind of st…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Kina-Lamb well, that’s pretty sound as far as I can see. 🙂 The only step I might add between the two is figuring out the theme, but I’ve not done non-fiction before, so I can’t say for certain how majorly that would figure in.
In your place, I would just ask myself, What lesson does this story teach me? To have courage? To persevere? To be kind…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I understand… It’s just that we goof off and chat on the Writer’s Corner, too! XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Okay, I’m back.
First of all, I really like what everyone’s said so far.
I’ve never heard anyone else articulate the way I develop characters, but I think we all do it without noticing it. My big focus, at least for step one, is to hone in on the feel of a character.
You know how when a person comes to mind you get this certain…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb started the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi y’all!
I’ve got a question for you:
In what order do you write your stories?
Figure out the plot then start writing it? Or is there another step?
As some of you may know, my WIP is a children’s book about my great-grandpa’s story in the Armenian genocide. Grandpa was just here so we sat down, pulled out the manuscripts great-grandpa left…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Well, it isn’t easy. I try to write down story ideas whenever I get them so that when I’m done with one novel I can have a basic idea of what the next one’s going to be about.
But, obviously, you want a plot now. Well, I do have one suggestion. One of the best sources of inspiration for me is to read other novels. I don’t just…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmm
This is hard because I never run out of ideas of things to write
Right now, I have four extra projects I’m planning that I’ve thought of ever since I’ve started the one I’m working on now… usually my problem is not finishing most of what I start and when I do it doesn’t come out masterfully… anyway
Try going to the…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Also, what’s that gif from? XD
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Good question. *thinks*
My problem is I actually have started a new story in a while. Like for NaNoWriMo, I just took an old idea from way-back-when and rewrote it.
The best advice I can give is always be looking for inspiration, in what you watch, read, listen to, say, do, etc. It can come from anywhere, even your dreams (trust me).
-
Snapper started the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey Kapeefers!
I’m stuck.
Not that Chosen One’s get stuck or anything… 😉
Anyway, recently I’ve decided to major things. One is that I’m taking a break from one story until I’m way older cause then it will be way better than it would be if I wrote it now (there are more reason for that, but it is what it is.) Two, is that I’m annoyed with…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I think there are two reasons to know your target audience.
First, so you don’t write the wrong book. For instance, if I know I want to write for seminal-Christians aged 30-45 who are in the military, that will keep me from writing a children’s fairy tale. Knowing your target audience also helps you maintain a core unity between all…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @dekreel . 🙂 Nice to meet you. Actually, this thread is almost the complete opposite of Writer’s Corner. Whereas the Writer’s Corner is a place to find other writers to write with and share each other’s progress, The Lounge is mainly a place for writers to chat (or complain) about writing or whatever else they want, and basically just…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@anyone-left I’m stopping for the night.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel A pretty similar concept, actually. They take urban legends and put them to the test. For example, the great escape one I mentioned, a family made a hot air balloon to get from on side of the Berlin Wall to the other, all in secret, so they tested out how their design worked and stuff like that.
- Load More
