@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Wow, that’s really hard ;(
I’m so sorry, I’ll pray about that. Cancer is terrible@alia I will pray for your little sister too, that’s tough. Hopefully God will use it to help build trust with her
@winter-rose 😀 nice
Always cool to see people trying new things like that
I’ll pray for you -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
For a first time author, avoid going over 120k; 130k max if you absolutely have to. Once you become published, you can push the limit more (I just finished a 450k fantasy work that topped the NY bestselling list), but publishers aren’t willing to risk those sorts of word counts for unpublished authors.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Oh, wait, you already asked Kate this question. WHY!?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper The max? Hahahahaha!
Oh, dear. The max, you say. Well, I don’t know if there is a max. 😉 Probably very few people if any have ever written a 1,000,000 word fantasy novel, but I will say that the trilogy I’m working on is looking like it will end up that long.
And whatever you do, don’t ask Kate this question!
Fantasy stories…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Winter-Rose Wow… that’s a tough decision, but super exciting. My brother has grappled with the choice of college himself, and I know how hard it can be. It’s incredibly brave of you to buck the traditional, pressured paths of society to pursue writing, and I’ll definitely be praying for you. May God strengthen and encourage you through this…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
So….I’ve heard a lot about fantasy novels being long, but Iv’e never written anything longer than 85,000 thousand words. Anything that was going to be longer than that I never finished. So I’ve been wondering…how long is the max for fantasy novels?
@daeus @aratrea @kate-flournoy @shannon @any and all fantasy people…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello,
A couple thoughts…
–I believe someone above mentioned that posting this in such a huge block of text makes it very difficult to read and comprehend. Maybe using something like Google Docs would be more beneficial to you in the future…
–I found myself skimming over the chapters as time went on. This may have to do with how long it…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I would love to read you work, if you still want feedback. But may I make a suggestion? Reading it in a post like this is a bit hard, and makes it tricky to comment on what might need revising. If you could put it in a Google Doc and share the link with us on Suggest mode, that would give us the ability to highlight sections to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree @seekjustice @perfectfifths @other-aussies *yawwwwnnnn* Hey guys! I’m writing and pulling an all-nighter. It’s 3:30 a.m. here in the USA. Anyone around?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree okey dokey. ☺ signing out now.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree that’s good 😀 I know what you mean. I came to our local library to get 2000 or so words done, and I think I’ve managed about 400. Go me 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree ah, food is good 😀 How is your editing going?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia @epicaddie2 @winter-rose I’ll be praying for you all!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree I have arrived! I’m working on the climax to my NaNo novel! I think I only have like 20,000 words left to go……*sighs*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *sees your post late* HMMmm… *puts on thinking cap* I would say Eritrea, although I like both.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia It’s tragic! Like those fancy cone-shaped hat thingies from the middle ages? Pity no one wears those anymore.
Names! Woe! The perfect ones always escape me…
I must be off. Farewell! *waves handkerchief sadly*
Bye @jane-maree !
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
I don’t know about @ingridrd but I love to draw! I mostly like drawing people manga/cartoon style
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Yes, you are a centaur in the KPA 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia It would be fun, to say the least.
Names are tricky. Yeah, I see how that could be a problem. xD
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Some research about the Victorian era. Quite interesting. They sure liked their silly hats, didn’t they? ;P What art thou doing?
@jane-maree Heyo!
- Load More
