@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Mmmmmm! *pounces in ice cream* How are you, @alia?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel YES!!! This is the best Christmas thing I’ve seen this year! 😀 XD
I must say, thank you for the tribbles! 😛 Although, I might change “drones a’bleeping” to “droids a’bleeping” just because I’m building a full-size R2-D2 with my dad. (That’s how geeky I am, so don’t worry about overdoing the geekiness. 😉 ) I guess I’m biased. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi, @seekjustice! How are you doing?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I’m here catching up on blog comments and hoping to find motivation to continue my epicly long NaNo novel.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @emily @winter-rose @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @waterlily @sam-kowal @perfectfifths
Anyone want to accompany a poor little wolf-woman who’s revising a complicated school essay? 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @sam-kowal What were your favorite Tree House books? I likes that magical saga about… Oh, it was a wand, and they were trying to find happiness for a magician (I forgot his name!) who lived in Camelot. And there were certain rules one had to follow in order for the wand to work.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing “We survived but we’re dead!!” XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I was a reading monster when I was kid.
Ironically I didn’t really read that many kids books, I started with Harry Potter when I was 8, along with the Hobbit and then Eragon
When I was younger than that, I loved the Magic Treehouse. I mean LOVED them. Also, I read the Boxcar Children a little bit.
And also Narnia! How could I forget…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper You’ve already got loads of good tips so I probably can’t say much more, but all I can would say is, Yes 😀 😀
Totally have two villains, if you like
It can help make things a lot more interesting, although it can be harder to write both at once
If I were you, I really wouldn’t make one half one villain and then switch to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing The Incredibles!!!!!!!! *dances around at Pixar reference*
-
Joy started the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @alia @dragon-snapper @anyone-else — BEWARE
I don’t know how geeky you guys are, or how much you can stand it, but I wrote a nerdy version of “12 Days of Christmas” called “12 Days of Geek Christmas.” Anything I should add? Take off? Tweak?
On the 12th day of Christmas my Geek Friends gave to me…
1. Full-size model of Ma…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing Wow… Nice list! I actually meant writing weaknesses — considering writer’s block. *gives nervous smile* But thank you!!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Yes! Have two villains! Have three! Have four!
Ok, maybe don’t take it that far…
But, more than one villain is often a good idea. It keeps your protagonist on his toes. And, you know those crazy authors, they just want to make everything so hard for the hero. Not nice writerses.
-
Joy and
EpicAddie2 are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Lots of works have more than one villain. For the BBC series of Robin Hood, they had the Sheriff of Notingham, and Guy of Gisborne. Guy mostly worked for the Sheriff, but he also had his own personal axe to grind with Robin Hood, which didn’t just make him the main villain’s lackey.
Lord of the Rings has both Sauron and Sauraman Again, Sauraman…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Ah, now it works!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I remember the Magic Tree House books! And…
- the Boxcar Children series
- the Sugar Creek Gang series
- the Guardians of Ga’hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. (She’s the only author I remember) 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Thanks! This will make it much easier to give you specific and understandable feedback. 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper , Funny you should ask. I think it’s fine (and sometimes best.) My current WIP has two villains, and then three at the end! 😀
In short, I have two villains who are allies and are both fighting the good guys, but then one villain betrays the other, and they start fighting each other. So the good guys think they’re safe, but the…[Read more]
- Load More
