@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Yes
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister I would personally vote 1, 3, 2.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic In the beginning…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@amy-l-klob I’d recommend starting by introducing your protagonist, but I would be careful about having a slow lead-in to the actual story. You want to grab the audience’s attention in the first page. That doesn’t mean you need to immediately leap into the main plot of your novel, but you should be including some conflict and/or intrigue that…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic In the beginning…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@amy-l-klob You’re very welcome! Yes, exactly! I love how deep it sounds, her normal life being “separated” from her. I have to agree that a good background is essential for that!
Anyway, I’m glad I could help! What is your novel about, if I may ask? (If not, that’s okay 🙂 )
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking Thank you!! Good to know I’m not the only nerd here! B-)
Good point! Not a lot of people would want the “gollums goll’ming…” Or the “Daleks screaming” XD Well, I suppose the light sabers are good for that! 😛
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel THIS. THIS IS THE BESTIEST. *promptly geeks out*
The tribbles… *snickers*
I don’t think I want 11 gollums goll’ming. 😛 I’ll take the light sabers, though.
@princessfoo Get over here, fellow geek. 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel *cracks knuckles* Fun thread idea. Let’s see… *searches memory* Well, I dearly loved My Father’s Dragon. My fascination with dragons started at a young age, you see. I also really liked the first Boxcar Children book, The Family Under the Bridge (A children’s book about the Great Depression. Now, there’s a thought.), The Cricket in…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing Hey, I missed you around here! *cheerily toasts with cup of orange juice*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel yep!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@seekjustice Are you still around?
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Naw I’m just finishing up the scene 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing Good night!
-
Joy replied to the topic In the beginning…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Greetings, @amy-l-klob!!
How to begin a novel. *scratches chin* Hmmmmmm…
It makes sense why you want to do that! The reader does need to know the background of the protagonist.
I think you should kick off the first chapter like right before the action happens, around the time when the conflict comes in. Like, the protagonist is coming home…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Is that your quote? Because it’s from the same movie. 😛 XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Greetings, @catwing! Coming back to an older story! An old flame, eh? (get it? Ok that was some awkward wording…)
@seekjustice I’m all right. Very, very unmotivated though 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I can’t even remember them all
I read so many of them
I can remember the first one with the dinos
And there was one on the moon, and one in the sea, and one in prehistoric times, and one about the Civil War and one about the revolutionary war and one about Rome and one about Egypt…
And then there the Merlin Missions, which where…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia It’s going okay. It’s hard not to overuse verbs of being though! My teacher found billions! Personally I don’t find much wrong with verbs of being, but…. *shrug* 🙂
I love it when characters do that! It’s a good change! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I’m a bit worn out, but I’ll survive. How are you?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 Oh they are called droids , aren’t they? They are! I forgot and thought they were called “drones!” Alright, I’ll do that! Thanks!
@alia Thank you! What! You don’t like Harry Potter??
- Load More
