@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I’ll be praying for you 😉
OH
HMM
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.
Ent Juice.
Merry and Pippin did really well on that stuff in Lord of the Rings
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic In the beginning…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I wouldn’t start off with the action right away, although you do need to start off with something interesting, and that’s because of two things. Firstly) The hardship of the protagonist being separated from her normal life and what’s dear to her (which is great, by the way) isn’t, as you said, going to be as impactful unless the…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Xonos-darkgrate what @Daeus and the rest already said, basically, on the general subject.
I did, however, find your excerpt slightly disturbing, which is odd, because I’m not usually disturbed by that kind of stuff. It may have been because it lacked subtlety and I kind of just felt like I had my face shoved in a pool of blood for no reason and…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister *appears in a puff of smoke* I vote Celeste, Raphael, and Kenneth. *disappears once more*
-
Joy replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd I missed this 😛 Nice! I like how you showed the different backgrounds 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Well, we know for sure that the green one’s name is Rafael 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Continuing to pray! <3
-
Joy replied to the topic Christmas Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia This is cute! I like the story! I think you could tweak some of the lines, so they don’t sound too short and choppy, but other than that, it’s awesome 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@cindygreen Good idea! Why didn’t I think of that?!
@supermonkey42 @princessfoo Thank you!! 😉
@ingridrd *licks chops* Ooh! Is it that good that it deserves cake?? 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister My pick would be Iridian, Raphael, and Lachlan
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate And my opinion on your excerpt is… no, I don’t think it’s too dark. Although opinions may differ
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I agree with @kate-flournoy
I really dislike things that are blandly clean, and I stories that tackle dark questions and themes, but I don’t think as Christians, we should rely on swear words to drive a story forward. They can easily be implied, and we don’t need to write them directly into the story. That said, I don’t mind made…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd What do you like to draw? Do you make Christmas cards? 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I know some people who would find that too graphic, but I don’t. I think there’s a good light/dark contrast and it doesn’t make me feel empathetic toward the villain so I’d say this is good so long as it’s for a good purpose. 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@cindygreen I second that.
@alia Yeah, we’re trying at least.
-
Daeus replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Oh, and I didn’t read your excerpt either. If I did, I’d want to know what basic content was in it first and I might not be able to get it in anyways.
-
Daeus replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I’ll just stop in real quick to drop a few bits of meat, but if you want to hear a lot about this subject, we have several articles on it.
The thing I think is crucial to understand with content is that you want sympathy but you do not want empathy.
Sympathy is when you feel for or understand another person’s e…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey!
So I haven’t read the thing, because I’m a bit of a ‘link-a-phobe’ (not you, just the internet), but my main thoughts are dark themes and darkness in literature in general is that if you’re not comfortable showing it to someone close to you, like your mom or dad or brother or sister or best friend, then it may have gone to…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister I like Camille, Raphael, and Tristan. Tristan is one of my favorite names!
- Load More
