@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj Cool! 😀 I’d love to see your card creations sometime. We actually have a forum topic for that: I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write…
No, I typically use colored pencils for my cards. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj WHOA. That’s exactly how I imagined her!! Thank you! It looks amazing!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Bye, @epicaddie2. Anyone else on?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
YAY! @epicaddie2 !
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Heeeeyyyyy, Subjects of Pen! Aislie here! I’m writing, if you didn’t guess from the fact that I’m in Writer’s Corner #12. Anyone else?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj Good analogy! Now I want a sandwich. 😉 I like worldbuilding. Oo, and making up characters!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@draw-ish_people
I have a character in need of a face. Her name is Amelia Oddworth, and she’s an upper-class, rich person in a steampunk world. She’s got dark brown hair that is always in some fancy hairstyle. Her face is heart-shaped, with dimples and green eyes. She’s tall, poised, and wears fancy Victorian Era dresses. With goggles. Also,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@lifeofkatie Okay, thanks. That helps. I think I’m going to give it a try. 😀
@introvert_girl That makes sense, though I think I’ll create all my own pins.
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
Lovin’ life!
My current WIP: a sci-fi trilogy -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
This makes sense too. I just have to make sure there’s some sort of victory right?
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj I did–it was a great experience! It worked quite differently then than I believe it does now, but I learned a lot of Scripture passages through that and grew a lot because of it over these three years.
That’s great that you’ve been able to discover new authors through our interviews. 😀 I’m thrilled that we’re able to interview so many…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Btw, if you want to learn more about this, K.M.Wieland has a whole book on it. 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel @sam-kowal got it in a nutshell. Basically, if your character starts the book bitter and angry, goes through the plot and comes out having forgiven and learnt to love (or vice versa) that is a character arc. Its just how your character changes through the story.
-
Joy replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Ahh okay, thanks a lot!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel It’s your character changing over the course of your story. It’s them learning things, deciding things, being shown things about the world and changing on a deep level because of those things.
Usually, a character arc tracks the curve of how a character becomes a better wiser person over the story, but downward characters arcs can also…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Here’s a canvas I painted for my mom:

-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj Yes. 😊 I tried painting about five years ago and I’m so glad I did! I’ve never used oil or watercolor, but I like acrylic.
Do you like to make homemade Christmas cards? 🙂
-
Joy started the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jane-maree @sam-kowal @princessfoo @daeus @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @aratrea
I have seen articles all over Kingdom Pen about how to improve character arcs, but I’m not totally sure what a character arc is! Can someone please explain it?
Thanks! 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Yes, this makes sense. The story doesn’t actually end, because there’s still hope!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the advice! I think I’m beginning to get a feel of how to work an ending like this.
Hey, Jane! I’m ‘Jenna’! I follow your blog!!! ❤😊
- Load More
