@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily @epicaddie2 @aislinn-mollisong @catwing @shannon @audrey-caylin @sam-kowal @whoever
I’m writing! I think. I might get distracted. Who knows… I’m here, anyways 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g Ohh, I’m so thankful! That has to be one of the most dramatic Christmas stories ever! The perfect gift: a place to live! 😉 Praise God!
-
Snapper started the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*waves hand around* Yes, yes…I know I said I’d see you all next year, but this is a question that couldn’t wait any longer.
Currently, I’m trying to write a novel. Too many novels actually, which is where this problem came up. You see, I finished Sector One, so I’m trying to write the sequel to it. But I’m 71,000 words in with 30,000 more to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
Identical thoughts to @daeus Good premise, and if the entire story isn’t going to be as dark in the first chapters, you just want to include enough glimpses of light to indicate that. I don’t personally have a problem with dark, depressing stories when there’s a point to them, but you don’t want to unintentionally indicate that’s the type of story…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument I love the plot line.
I don’t know if I’ll be able to read the first chapters, but just some thoughts. I think you can set a tone in these first chapters that lets your reader know you’re not out to scare them. If you don’t get too graphic with the murder and torture scene and you give the reader one or two, morally good, hopeful…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@daughteroftheking @salome01w4g As am I, actually! Me too, please! And N.C. I’ll definitely pray for you 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument I love the storyline!
It does sound kind of dark. Maybe you could like spread out the dark a little bit…?
Anyway, sure! I’ll read it. 🙂
Someone who has more experience with plot line might be of more use, though…
@daeus @aratrea @sam-kowal @seekjustice @jane-maree @princessfoo @introvert_girl
(P.S. This is comple…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g That sounds stressful! Will pray. I know that feeling about cars. I’ll probably need to start driving soon, but I’m nervous. Could you pray for me too?
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Oh, no!! 🙁 🙁 🙁
Oh, great. Now you’re making me nervous about cars! ;P
Praying hard!! *big hug*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Fred from Big Hero 6!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia goodbye to you too!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing good night *peers out the Australian sun at the bright midday sun and scratches head*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing What’s the new quote? 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel no worries 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice I might have not seen it the first time. *shrug* Anyway, thank you!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel i thought I posted the link. Let me try again.
https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com
@catwing okay cool! Perhaps I shall make an appearance one day with my sabre and army of magical origami cranes?
-
Joy replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus @introvert_girl Okay thanks! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Not bad! My favorite line: “I can cut your cake into perfect fifths! The most perfect fifths!”
LOLOL!
- Load More

