@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel That’s not bad, it’s genius. 🙁
A tank going to a doctor to… Run him over?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Okay, let’s try this again…
@aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @catwing @perfectfifths @seekjustice @that_writer_girl_99
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly HAHAHA those are hilarious
@perfectfifths Arrr! Bad one XD
Think about it! A tank going to a doctor to…..
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know. 😛
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Noooo!!! Not the muffin joke! That was everywhere during the years I did drama, and everyone hated it!
But I do like those tank jokes. XD
Here’s a pun I made the other day:
Handing a clock around the room is a great way to pass the time. -
Ben Powell replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Challenge: show
Setting: the feeling of winning a competition
Sweat filled my eyes, and I could hardly feel my toes. My legs felt like limp noodles; my lungs burned like dragon-fire. And yet, as I crossed the finish line, it was the best feeling I’d experienced in a long time.
So, like that? Oh, and are we ever s…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*Stan spreads his wing stubs and roars*
*evil smile*
*Amazon.com suddenly gets order for thousands of packets of glitter*
-
Snapper replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@shannon (for whenever you return… ) @sam-kowal
Even though he was weaker than Dragon-snapper. Tell him that I commiserate with him on that point. No one can defeat her. Unless I can figure out a way to immobilize her in a pile of glitter 😉
Oh, thanks! Stan is super pleased. He knows the pain of the rest of the world, having to submit to…
-
Ethryndal and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Aislinn Mollisong and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
A KaPeeFer is the spammiest spammer on the Interwebs. (On the Aetherlight forums, spam is NOT TOLERATED)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’M BACK!!
I don’t know what everyone else has recommended, but I’ll give you some of my favourites
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
- A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr
- The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
- A Time To Die by Nadine Brandes. An absolutely awesome book!
- Les Miserables…
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel yes. Finish Narnia first 😉
Besides that, C.S. Lewis’ sci-fi trilogy is said to be good (I have the first book but I haven’t begun it yet). Then…
– Ilyon Chronicles, by Jaye L. Knight: great fantasy novels with a historical twist, and with the most tortured character you’ll ever meet.
– Blades of Acktar, by Trish Mingerink: they’re…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *buries face in hands and groans* You are evil. Urgggg….
Um, so I’m not EXACTLY sure how this works, but I’m aware that it’s supposed to be a paragraph or something. HOWEVER… I kinda got carried away, and it… Yeah. Anyway. Apologies in advance for me not doing what I’m supposed to do.
Challenge: Show
Setting: Stuck at…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dekreel FINISH NARNIA. It’s worth it.
Now for Sarah’s random and incredibly obscure book recommendations:
There’s this book that no one but me has ever heard of called The Gammage Cup, by Carol Kendall, and it’s a super good, whimsical little fantasy. And this other one called Mortis, by Hannah Cobb, which is about a school of assassins and…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daeus @catwing @ethryndal @epicaddie2 @that_writer_girl_99 @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy
I am in need of some book recommendations. Preferably fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction. Also something with action. I have read like half of Narnia, the Hobbit (but not the LOTR), and the first bo…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Here-ing.
@inkling-for-christ Ah! Nice topic! 😀
Challenge: Show
Setting: Fell off a tree
Cat watched Dog balance on the branch, wobbling then proceeding to bark every so often.
“When are you going to fall?” Cat asked, licking her paw.
Dog snarled, “You got me into this mess! Help me!”
“Don’t chase me,” Cat said.
Dog bristled, his…[Read more] -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Good thoughts–the records of the biblical kings in Kings and Chronicles form some really interesting case studies of Experiments in Living & Poetic Justice. You can certainly use dramatic irony like that to create catharsis; in recent storytelling, Rogue One also uses a similar narrative technique in similar fashion (albeit with…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ *rubs paws together* Let’s kick this off!
Challenge: Show
Setting: The feeling of winning a competition
Justin smiled and blinked rapidly in delight as Mr. Parker honored him with the trophy. When he took it, he barely kept himself from tossing it into the air.
How’s that?
@dragon-snapper, Come here!
Your challenge i…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations, @aislinn-mollisong!
@that_writer_girl_99 Let’s see……
How to Get Inspired to Write when you’re Stuck:
- Take notes. That’s the left-brained thing to do. I would take notes on the plotline and the characters’ motivations to let yourself know how exactly things are going to turn out for them, and how they react.
- Listen to…
-
Daeus posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
You happened to mention that you couldn’t wait for part 2 of my course to come out. There’s danger to that. 😛
I’ve got part 2 all scripted and I just need to write the homework and then record it. I’m planning to write all the homework this week.
I don’t know what your schedule is like, but if you’re interested, I could…[Read more]
-
Of course! I would love that! Thank you so much!
-
Thanks @aislinn-mollisong,
Your email is Molly Player, right? I’ll send you the lessons tomorrow — I won’t have the homework ready for a couple days.
-
- Load More
