@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Try @mariposa! She’s an amazing artist, and I think she has done illustrating before!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Congrats @dragon-snapper! I’ll let you know when I check it out. Silver Phoenix is a cool name too👍
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow! Sounds amazing. I’ve read your stuff before and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I’m in.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Ha, you should head down to where I live, then. Plenty of heat here.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey~
I’m a little confused as to what you’re asking here. Are you asking about the Biblical soundness of including “humanoid” creatures in your story? Or are you debating the differences between animal and human?
If your question relates to the former, I’d like to ask what impact God has in the world you’ve created. Do your characters actively…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Ethics, Women, Strength, and Plots in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi there! @allison-grace
A few things to consider here, but first, check out this video:Â https://kingdompen.org/character-types-the-strong-female-character-tm/
Okay. Now, I’m no expert on this, and without any knowledge of how exactly your MC goes about saying anyone, this might be a shot in the dark, but here’s my advice: make it re…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper oh. my. word. The Silver Phoenix…. I LOVE IT. I have a major obsession with phoenixes, so the name just made me freak out xD
ahhh, what am I saying? CONGRATS ON THIS. *promptly goes to stalk it*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 Will you ever feature any old melted chairs on the blog?
I’m looking forward to that post (plus all the others)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 AWESOME
Really awesome
Stan is super jealous. He’s begging me for one now
Also, the name should have been Snapping Dragon
But Silver Phoenix is nice sounding, too
-
Snapper started the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys!
I finally made myself a blog! 😀 Here’s the link to Silver Phoenix
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bethanysinkyroses @dekreel @mariposa @ethryndal @winter-rose @sam-kowal @seekjustice @jenwriter17
And I’m new to blogging, so if you see anything, you all just let me know! I’ll be happy to listen and learn.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice you’re totally fine. 😉 Thanks for the good wishes. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Greetings! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) give you a hearty handshake!
I love the 1950s! Do you happen to like watching old TV shows like The Andy Griffith Show or Bonanza?
By the way, I love your name. 🙂 How is it pronounced?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thanks!
@winter-rose I’m not sure what happened to your post…it seems to have vanished. 😕
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Looking for editing help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-Christ Since your book is not yet finished, beta readers or a service like Jane Maree’s might be a good starting point for you before contacting an editor. 🙂
You might not be ready for someone like Brianna Hilvety whom Elizabeth recommended. Brianna is a professional editor and will charge for her services (as all reputable editors d…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@seek-justice This sounds really amazing
If you’re only looking for two readers, though, I’ll pass for now, because I’m beta reading another project right now and there will probably be some others here who would want to do it.I really like that title, by the way 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Looking for editing help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Here’s what I’d recommend. You don’t need someone to edit your whole book at this moment. You just need someone to help you with your writing style.
Instead of asking people to edit all 13 chapters, just pick one chapter and ask several people to help you edit it and, most importantly, explain their edits so you can replicate…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Here's a Novel Idea… in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 9 months ago
I can attest what @Daeus said. It’s very hard to pull myself away from my friends who I can only chat to online in the morning or evenings because time zone differences. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Welcome!
I love Hogan’s Heroes. I must have watched 100 episodes. At least if feels like it. I like Newkirk and Carter the best. 🙂
I am sometimes more comfortable singing when there are strangers around than talking.
lol. I can totally relate. Even when they’re not strangers.
Would it be too bold of me to ask if you could share one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Here's a Novel Idea… in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister I think somebody tried to do something like this in the past. I’m not sure if it ever happened though.
I think the main downside to it is the time factor. When you can chat with video and live text, you tend to chat a lot more, which many of us don’t have time for.
I could see it as an augment to the forum in some capacity though.
- Load More
