@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@graciegirl XD Well, they aren’t all novels or full length books. One of them is a novella, and the other is a series of a few short stories. And then one is the starting of an epic fantasy, and the other is a standalone book in very early planning
😀 Personification sounds really cool
Actually, so does For Lor, too :D. Stan wants to read them…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Wow
That is really impressive
Three months? That’s amazingThe first Sector One book is really great, too. 😀
Hmmph
Now I need to go start writing faster
And more furiously
Stan won’t be seeing a lot of me until I finish something big, at least XD*drives in an entire truck of ice cream*
*Stan pokes his head out…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered 😀 Awesome!
I think… your blog is like a mug of hot chocolate. Wonderful.
*sees the hot chocolate, and grabs a bunch of mugs from underneath @dragon-snapper ‘s nose*
Good luck, and God bless you with it ;D
I don’t have any tips for you as a blogger, because I don’t have a blog. (I’ll get one someday,…[Read more] -
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Loves it! It sounds amazing!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@gabbyj Hmm
Well, being optimistic doesn’t always mean being extremely lighthearted, but it does mean looking at the best sides of situations and seeing the best in people. That doesn’t have to change, even if the story gets more intense and more challenges come as it progresses. The character’s optimism will just have to shine out through the…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Glaring Plot Holes! HELP! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Ehhh….they kinda can’t be forbidden, as they are the national animal and almost everyone has one. But! That could come in handy in the third book! Especially because he’s the Dragon-boy….*rubs hands together evilly*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Glaring Plot Holes! HELP! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong 🙂 Great. I think making challenges for the dragons as characters could be an important thing in general. Also, building off of @skredder ‘s idea, what if the dragons had to stay in hiding the whole trip? Sort of the same as being forbidden, I just thought I could add that maybe almost everywhere Amber and Brendan travel, the…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Nice names! Why did you choose them?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder What’s the girl’s name? Her real one, and the one her new family gives her?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@gabbyJ I like this character. Anyway, to build on what everyone else said, if she is optimistic because she doesn’t know how bad things can be, then she’ll grow out of that. But, if she’s naturally a hopeful, cheery person, she might use humor and optimism to keep herself and everyone else encouraged, even when things are hard.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper LET ME BETA READ IT PLEASE!!! THE FIRST ONE IS SO AMAZING! I’M ALMOST DONE WITH IT AND I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!
Ahem. Sorry. Nice work! I wish I could write something that fast. *glares at Amber and Brendan* YOu two better behave yourselves…
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@gabbyj I agree with @princessfoo and @notawriter. But.
I have an addition. So, she believes the best about people. Is very cheerful and optimistic. But then something happens. Someone betrays her, or she leaves her safe, happy home and finds out just how scary a place the world is. Her worldview is entirely flipped. She now trusts no one, and…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter *high fives fellow Star Wars fan* My respect to you!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Glaring Plot Holes! HELP! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Yes, all dragons should be like Stan. Stan is the best. 😉 That’s actually a really good idea with the Dulaman. I’m trying my very hardest not to make them Orcs but….ya know. If they did have something that would make them a bigger threat, (such as being able to neutralize dragons) they would be a lot better as henchmen in general.…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@graciegirl Fantasy and sci-fi are awesome genres. (I’m a little biased bc that’s what I like to write. 😛 )Steampunk, you say?? *huge grin* I love steampunk! (again, biased… but steampunk is still cool)
Thank you, I like my profile pic, too. ;)<i> </i>I love Star Trek!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well there’s Evyn, the princess of Allora and the heir to the throne. She’s also a soldier–an archer in Allora’s militia. She’s not completely clear to me yet, but she’s awesome–sweet, feisty, and very…well, sad, at the moment. Emotionally dynamic.
And then there’s Everett. He commands a squad of archers in the militia, and he’s Evyn’s best…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Yeah! It’s been difficult, though. Seems like every little thing has presented a challenge…the outlining, the characters…goodness, I have such high-maintenance characters.
Yet…I love it. I’m starting to see progress, and I’m happy. @winter-rose
-
Snapper and
The fledgling Artist are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
There. I put you on my blog list. 😁
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ve started writing it, but only just. I’m on the second chapter. @winter-rose
- Load More
