@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Blogs, like social media, serve two potential purposes. 1, To promote yourself/get people on your email list. 2, To interact with readers. Actually, they also serve a third purpose of helping you get used to writing regularly.
If you really want your blog to be a major way you promote yourself, you need to blog about something…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
What Kate and MNValentine said.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 Definitely! Have a good trip!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm ehehe… well they better not be, because I’m using them. 😛
No, honestly, I think they are. But then, so is a lot of other stuff. I’m confident using ‘elementals’ in my work because the system, while it does incorporate elements, isn’t just about elements. In fact the element part is probably one of the least important bits.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I love everything by Sir H. Rider Haggard, Elisabeth Elliot, Douglas Bond, and John J. Horn.
I’ve never heard of those books. What kind of stuff do they write?
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@Northerner Was that poem published on here recently called The Human Mind by your sister, or by a totally unrelated Olivia White?
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!! I’m so glad you’re here! 😉
And now for my trademark question: What are your favorite books and TV shows?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use Pexels.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 this is my favorite image site: https://pixabay.com/
Like all image sites, it has some questionable content if you poke in the wrong corners, but overall it’s pretty good.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 Good question. There are a number of copyright-free photo sources out there. We mostly use Unsplash and Pexel. If you’re looking for others, Teachable has a great list here:Â http://blog.teachable.com/post/120193329843/the-13-ultimate-free-stock-photo-sites As long as you use a site with copyright-free photos, it’s legal to use or…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Right-o. I’ll look at it tomorrow. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Well, anything, but I think particularly descriptions/sentence structure. I want to make sure it flows just right and is easy to envision.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Thanks. I don’t know why I didn’t receive it. 🙂
What kind of feedback are you looking for?
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Yes, I sent it via email. If you haven’t got the invitation, here’s a link to it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ZY5PcSrhX1LdSb69sP_tD4MnPqYZxuCyz6Zwr4i7W8/edit?usp=sharing
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey all!
Check your inboxes, because the next newsletter is out! @princessfoo took the stage this week, with her lovely advice–congrats!
Want to be in next weeks’ newsletter? Drop your advice here and take your shot! @dekreel @graciegirl @rochellaine @dragon-snapper
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus That was half an hour ago, and I still haven’t gotten on. : Would it be via email?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Ha! I’m writing a story actually with music based magic, so, yes, it can be done.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Thanks. Just sent you an invitation to a google doc.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel @emily @winter-rose @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 I’m world-building for a while, if you’d like to join.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radicallysurrendered This is a very interesting idea! I agree with Dekreel in that you need to make sure the plot is interesting as well. I’d definitely live in a place like that, yup. I love music so much. I think using the instruments as magic devices would be really cool.
- Load More

Completely unrelated. Other Olivia Whites do seem to follow us around, though.
Funny.
We’ve bumped into other Sophia Whites, too — one of them, when we lived in the Cities, went to the same hospital and our records got mixed up once. It’s weird how often that happens.
Oh, and then when people who know us personally call each of us by the other’s name, things get even more complicated in no time.
Uh, yikes. That’s freaky.
What, you and your sister? Do you look similar? That I’m used to. People think my oldest sister Elizabeth and I look incredibly similar (supposedly, we really do, but I don’t think the resemblance is THAT close), and we get called each other ALL the time. People confuse us for twins even. She’s four years older than me.…[Read more]