@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
ClaireC started the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, hello, Kapeefers!
Yes, I know it’s been a long time since I’ve been here, but I’m now back!
Wow! There are a lot of new people here! I nearly feel like I need to introduce myself again…but it takes too long, so I’ll just say… Hi!
I’ve taken a long break from my writing, as I simply had too much on, but I’m back into it now, which is…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@photobloggergal 😀 Nice to have you back here
Stan the dragon has been wanting his photo taken, but I keep telling him that that’s… not really possible over the internet
I wanted to tell you, too, @emily and @shannon are taking a hiatus from Kingdom Pen for awhile, because I saw that you had come back. So don’t be alarmed if you can’t find…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano This can be tough. It’s quite possible, though. The book of Esther in the Bible actually never mentions God by name, at all, in the entire book. But it’s still in the bible. So in way, its very similar to what you might be trying to do.
This thread might help you…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Well, I may be wrong, but I don’t know if you can do it completely. You probably don’t have to mention God very much to make that type of message, <span style=”background-color: #ffd9de;”>but I think you’d have to just at least some. </span>
<span style=”background-color: #ffd9de;”>The question I want to ask is why God can’t be m…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Check out these two articles on @jane-maree‘s blog! They are SO helpful!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks for your input! About #3, I plan on setting that in the USA. I’ll have to think more about how the government would combat internet access to Bibles…..
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I LOVE Chuck Black’s books too! Have you read his latest trilogy?
That’s so cool you were able to be at your little sister’s birth! I actually know two other people who are into midwifery, one of them is on KP, though her name escapes me.
I always thought doing things with hair was cool too. Sadly, my hair type (3b/3c), is kinda…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I can imagine that it would be pretty cool too. 🙂 The idea doesn’t have much appeal to me, but it does sound amazing.
I like when you have the opportunity to talk through things like that. And yes, the way she acted so familiar with both of them (almost led them on, from what I remember of the books ) probably was part of my…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Definitely what Elizabeth said.
Also, on another note, things like love conquers all” and “revenge leads to destruction” aren’t actually themes, they’re messages. I don’t know if you’ve ever looked into KP’s Theme Mastery course, but one of the things we teach in there is that a theme should never be controversial like “revenge leads…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Thank you so much for sharing! @livgiordano
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
The one thing I think of, when it comes to deciding on a theme, is myself.
Sometimes, when I’m writing, I step back and take a look at my characters, only to realize that within them are little pieces of myself–loneliness, creativity, past regrets. This makes the characters more realistic; by drawing on these feelings and memories, I make them…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
You got to be at your little sister’s birth? That’s pretty cool! I’m pretty certain that would have freaked me out.
Anyway! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. Everyone has asked all of the interesting questions so I’ll leave you alone. (I didn’t know there was Christy tv show! Actually, I think I’ve read some of the books based on it though. I…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Alright, folks! Friday is here, which means the next newsletter is just around the corner! But don’t worry, you can still get your advice into the newsletter! Just drop your advice here!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livigiordano Welcome fellow homeschooler! KP is awesome!
What are your favorite books/genres/authors? Do you have other hobbies outside of writing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Okay, thank you!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
That was for compiling the ebook. Publishing it to Amazon is also very easy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@photobloggergal Yes, it’s very easy. Do you have Scrivener? That’s what I used so I could help you the most with that, but it’s also easy to do with Word and some other programs.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Jenna Terese and
Josiah DeGraaf are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Welcome!
Pure Starlight sounds really cool. It sounds like a fairly original concept.
- Load More
